The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pearls of wisdom - have your favourite quotes influenced your life

Pearls of wisdom - have your favourite quotes influenced your life

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Another good one here SonofGloin,

To those who say love is more important than money, try paying your bills with a hug.
Posted by worldwatcher, Saturday, 29 December 2012 4:53:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Here's another one from Dorothy Parker:

I like to have a martini
Two at the very most
After three I'm under the table
After four I'm under the host.

Not sure who said this:

The early bird gets the worm,
But it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

If Michelangelo were a heterosexual, the Sistine Chapel
would have been painted basic white and with a roller.
(Rita Mae Brown).
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 29 December 2012 5:25:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rain doesn't fall on the just and unjust alike.
The unjust steals the just's umbrella.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 29 December 2012 6:03:15 PM
Hasbeen,

re your horse and camel. Hmmm, sounds like I just added another wrinkle to an old chestnut didn't I ?
Posted by worldwatcher, Saturday, 29 December 2012 6:56:42 PM
"To learn that a man [sic] has said or done a foolish thing is nothing; a man must learn that he is nothing but a fool, a much more ample and important instruction".
Montaigne.
Posted by Squeers, Saturday, 29 December 2012 9:11:30 PM
“That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent.”
— Chinese Proverb

"Do you need proof of God? Does one light a torch to see the sun?"
— Japanese Proverb

Have you learned lessons only of those who admire you, and were tender with you, and stood aside of you? Have you not learned great lessons from those who reject you, and brace themselves against you, or who treat you with contempt, or dispute the passage with you?
— Walt Whitman
Posted by George, Sunday, 30 December 2012 9:23:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy