The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pop goes the weasel.

Pop goes the weasel.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 34
  10. 35
  11. 36
  12. All
SM,

Forgive me...

How remiss of me to connect this weeks biggest story (which just happens to ride on the words "died of shame") with Mr Abbott's coincidental use of the same descriptive jargon.

You know, I really don't think he was trying to be clever. I think that somewhere in the vacant and airy corridors of his mind, he came across a door with the word "wit" emblazoned upon it. Upon opening it and peering inside, he spied a placard with the words "died of shame" scrawled in infant writing.

Right-O then, he thought. "I'll use that."

Most entertaining, if nothing else.
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 12:54:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, Belly, Belly,
How can you claim a victory for Gillard yesterday?

After your expressed views on Jones, you now think Gillard great for supporting Slipper.

After the revelations of his texts, anyone who voted to support him has no moral values. Such comments are certainly not fitting for the Speaker in the House. The vote was about Slippers character.

The women members who voted in support of Slipper should be doubly ashamed. They sold their morals for numbers.

Am very dissappointed to see you think Slipper is fit for the position. You often refer to 'grubs' well he fits the bill.

If the PM ever had any integrity she would have outsted him.
Posted by Banjo, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 1:04:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Once again perspective seems to be ignored in these posts.

Gillard was doing exactly what Abbott would have done in the same circumstances - protecting her slim majority.

Unlike Michael Kroger's advice that she "just lay down and die" she is doing her job.

Abbott's job is actually to debate legislation and submit alternatives but he has decided it is just to bring down the government and sabotage it's workings.

Gillard did NOT defend the content of the Slipper/Ashby texts and said she was offended by them. Perhaps all private parliamentary correspondence should be released to the public as well. I have heard women refer to each other in far worse terms than what was shown in those text messages.

Anybody who has ever laughed at a Blonde joke could also be labelled a mysogynist. I don't believe Abbott is a woman hater but he does have demonstrable issues with judgement, honesty, volatility and stability.
Posted by wobbles, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 1:33:03 PM
SM, will try again.

The Prime Minister could not 'remove' the Speaker given the case is being determined by the Court.

The leader of the Opposition knew this but still sought his sacking.

Slipper did the right thing by resigning - everybody acknowledges this.

Can you point to where the PM said Slipper's text messages "were not that bad"?

Or, is that just your interpretation?
Posted by bonmot, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 2:55:09 PM
Abbott's new look as a woman worshiper came crashing down yesterday, his plan in ruins, as is his pride.
He was fairly flogged by a female, to be reckoned with, and a world mouthpiece for women every where.
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 3:00:40 PM
I like you Banjo, but put no value on your understanding of politics.
Kangaroo court has no place in this country Parliament.
After Abbott,s sleaze bag failed Independents and one, think about leaders of the house, fronted slipper and did what would have been done AFTER THE COURTS RULING.
Gillard took on rabid rabbit Tony AND FLOGGED HIM, NOT BEFORE TIME.
Love the one sided views some hold.
Weasel? tell you what Pyne looked much like one today a grinning one and empty headed too.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 3:37:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 34
  10. 35
  11. 36
  12. All