The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Ex ALP president charged with 20 offences. Gillard to apologise?

Ex ALP president charged with 20 offences. Gillard to apologise?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
This is must see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEBgxVo5gTA&feature=player_embedded

Here you will see and interview by Michael Smith and Bob Kernohan the President of the AWU in 1995.Bob swears that builders turned up to his office and demanded to be paid for works done at Julia Gillard's house at Abbottsford.Bill Shorten was also a witness to this.

According to Bob Kernohan the builders were paid from an AWU account.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 5 October 2012 8:53:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
RObert yes I understand and agree.
I respect you and while from different sides of the fence that respect is well placed.
I however need to go on record again.
My life has been the ALP/UNION.
I think I have the ability to hear even smell the thoughts of workers and ALP voters from my background.
Few understand Rudd, like other past ALP leaders wanted less union power.
It cost him his job, they require more.
Factions, in both party,s, exist to see the schemers and dreamers, extreme left in my case, do not take control and lead down non-electable street.
BUT in both sides, they are forgetting that, serving not the party but them selves.
Rudd never was truly challenged just dumped, for the very woman, from our left,who under mined him daily.
50% Of Labor conference seats are by party law owned by? unions!
Who in turn have? 20% of the workforce in their ranks.
Unions if they re focus on the reason they exist, if they cut fees, not take the raise fees retreat they take every time numbers fall, can again grow to be representative of the great union past.
Our Child the ALP, has long ago grown up, we are the ugly mum and dad who will not let it leave home.
Not set it free to be the party it must be to stay in power.
Confronted with Abbott we feed him, but ignore Turnbull has grown too and will be,without change our nemesis.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 6 October 2012 7:20:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

One of the reasons I left the ALP and joined the Greens was the influence of the 'Sussex Street Mob' on the party here in NSW. Nothing much has changed, we recently fought a by-election with Labor, the gutless Liberal's would not stand a candidate. Nothing has changed Sussex Street ran the show for Labor, no grass roots involvement in candidate selection deals done behind closed doors etc.
Until Labor introduce real reforms within the party scum like Williamson will float to the top.
p/s Met you fearless leader "Robo" recently, seems a nice bloke, not much charisma there, a bit bland. Does not strike me as a "shaker and a mover" you need another 'Nifty Neville' to run the show.
My dig for the day. How are things going at the Long Bay branch I believe they are arranging a big welcome for the newest member Karyn Paluzzano.
The way the ALP is going we Greens are going to have to protest about over crowding in NSW prisons.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 6 October 2012 8:38:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Williamson was National ALP president at the time he was stealing from some of the lowest paid workers, as was Craig Thomson before he moved into Federal Labor.

Because the unions are de facto monopolies (they have their own turf legislated) with little to no oversight, they are a breeding ground for corruption. This has lead to the drop to 18% of workers (13% in the private sector) belonging to unions.

The kleptocracies that pass for worker representation are also the single greatest source of Labor MPs.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 6 October 2012 2:18:32 PM
Paul 1405 I want to thank you for being the back up to Shadow Minister.
And Shadow Minister, thank you too.
First Paul, it was lefty members like you that empowered my faction to act, Center Unity NSW right.
Shame is they have forgotten who they act for.
SM has rightly targeted the scum bag, and assisted me, see I am disgusted that the self interested fleas are passing the benefits around among them selves.
SET MY PARTY FREE!
However as Paul's mob is doomed, SM,s about to replace its leader,I see promise.
Our Julia is at full gallop toward her personal train wreck.
That may be the tool that makes the tools see we must reform.
Paul Robo is not a circus performer, he is a solid bloke.
He took the anti work choices bus around this state.
A brilliant bloke about two years away from his peak.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 6 October 2012 3:56:26 PM
The biggest crime committed by grubs like Thomson and Williamson and other Labor luminaries is not the stealing from low paid workers, which in itself is bad enough. They are guilty of the 'crime' of selling out the workers they supposedly represent. Take my partner a PSA in a large public hospital and until recently a long time active member of the HSU East. Like 1000's of HSU members my partner had no option but to resign from the union as it was pointless paying every fortnight and receive nothing in return, whilst a pig like Williamson had his snout firmly in the trough. These people have left poorly paid and now unrepresented workers open to attack by the likes of O'Farrell and Abbott, doing the bidding of big business.
SM, rightly points to the sad indictment of the union movement that only 18% of workers see value in joining a union. It's my opinion every worker deserves the right of union coerage. Without decent representation workers are vulnerable to exploration with attacks on their wages and conditions. No one should be fooled into believing that the 'boss' will look after him, not the case, given the opportunity self interest will always come to the fore as far as the 'boss' is concerned.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 6 October 2012 5:44:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy