The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > No Poofters we are Australian.

No Poofters we are Australian.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Rechub: "...THE LUCKY COUNTRY"

I, like most people, had heard the term but it never occurred to me as to whence it came. I just thought it referred to the fact that as Australians we live in a "Lucky Country." Meaning we have a bloody good lifestyle, the freedom to say & do just about anything our heart desires. After that, we didn't analyse it. No deep & meaningful, soul searching, no looking for the reason why. We just accepted the fact that we are lucky to be Australians.

Some people live their lives in a bottomless, dank wet, dark cave. All they ever see is blackness. I suppose if they are lucky they may live in a Cairn, such as Loughcrew in Ireland or Maeshone in the Orkneys, at least the sun shines in to the furtherest dark recesses of the grave twice a year. These people suppose everyone lives in such a similar place. So Sad.

Most people visit these places occasionally but they don't live there. They return to the surface & bathe in the sunlight again. Some people live in eternal sunshine & only occasionally glimpse these places as they stroll past. When I was much younger I did have occasion to visit a Cairn or two but now I prefer to stay in the sunshine. All people have a choice as the where they live or visit as tourist. (inside their heads) It is they, themselves, who make that decision, no one else.

Cont.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 29 September 2012 12:33:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I imagined this reference to Bazza was to bring a little sunshine into an otherwise black hole some of us have been visiting of late.
cont.

I was lucky, I suppose for I grew up in a time where everyone had a nickname. We laughed if one of us did something silly & fell over , then we helped them up. this laconic attitude of Australians is being taken away from us by Academics & the Politically Correct among us. The “Lucky Country” as I knew it is fading because of these people who live in bottomless, dank, dark caves. I think it’s time we bricked up the mouth of these caves so their vapours don’t infect us anymore.

Regardless of what Homes says about his phrase, we still live in a "Lucky Country."
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 29 September 2012 12:33:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sonofgloin,
Alexander Dugin, Identitarian Ideas 4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtFbK_dm4-k

Alex Kurtagic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O--TKIBPTog&feature=related
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Saturday, 29 September 2012 8:25:40 PM
JOM, I watched most of each of those Utube offerings & a couple more in that vein. I have to say, sadly, they reminded me of "The EuroVision Contest." I don't know why. They just did. Maybe I didn't get the humour or something. I dunno.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 29 September 2012 9:34:41 PM
Jayb,
Hardy har, they're talking about the decline in National identity and the way systems collapse, relevant to the topic at hand and Sonofgloin's question "Who are we?".
Dugin is talking about a rejection of the modern forms and failed ideas of the past 300 years and moving to a world of multiple polarities instead of totalitarian Western Liberalism, Kurtagic points out that a political activist from,say 1840's Australia probably wouldn't be able to follow a political discussion if he were magically resurrected today. I guess in a sense because Australia as a nation was founded on purely modern ideals there is no "going back" to pre modern European values as Dugin suggests, unless such values be those of pre 1788 indigenous Australia...which is an interesting idea in itself.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 30 September 2012 7:18:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy