The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Proof Government is hidding true costs for the refugees

Proof Government is hidding true costs for the refugees

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
1st Quote Government "signed a $22 million deal with IHMS for medical services, including mental health" BUT today Friday the minister tabled in parliament a copy of the heads of agreement with the company International Health and Medical Services (IHMS).
BUT the document has all financial details deleted It was announced as a $22 million dollar contract so unless there is something in it that will allow the figure to go SKY HIGH there would be no reason to delete the figure.
For that $22 million IHMS provides 44 staff + call center access for a 6 month contract that equals $500,000 per staff member for 6 months.
Whoever negotiates these contracts should be fired.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 21 September 2012 7:48:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Philip before the Federal Labor government the term BILLION was one associated with long term infrastructure programs and balance of trade issues.

We have spent close to 5 Billion on asylum seekers since Rudd opened the doors. We are paying 2 million a month in charter flights for these economic refugees and we don’t flinch…we are desensitized to numbers…..they mean nothing to us anymore.

Earlier this year I spent a month in a major hospital, work related, I spent time in most parts of the hospital and witnessed a committed but totally frustrated staff and the poor sods that waited for their attention, be it in emergency, the wards or the operating theatre. Ongoing cutbacks.

It costs half a BILLION to build equip and staff a major teaching hospital. We could have had 2 new hospitals in five cities……..unbelievable……Remember Labors National Hospital plan……….We spent the money on 20,000 illegal strangers.
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 22 September 2012 12:21:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Labors new manifesto -
IT IS EASY TO SPEND BILLIONS! WHEN IT IS NOT COMING OUT OF MY POCKET.
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 22 September 2012 12:36:22 PM
tax smokers

tax credit card transactions..many go bust anyhow
they must cause why else such high intrest rates

lets talk of how the scam goes..
of micro lending at credit card rates..

yes i got no idea
of the intital talk mob {>>IHMS <<]..nor thus what the heck your talking about..

i have heard how a land owner wants 45 million to be spent on employment..jobs infastucture,..as a condition of providing a remedy

that seems cheap

lets do more of that sort of aid
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 22 September 2012 2:29:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You will do well the get a die hard labor suporter on this thread, they're out there, they're just hiding from the truth as they are in denial about just what is goimg on.

Good luck.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 22 September 2012 9:55:55 PM
I usually get all my PAYG back anyway, this is why I don't use economic arguments against non White immigration, silly middle class Anglo Saxons vote for the Greens and support Refugee groups and they're the ones paying for their upkeep, a pleb like me is going to look hypocritical complaining about "our money" being wasted.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 23 September 2012 8:32:37 AM
Jay Of Melbourne - The cost of these welfare for lifers is borne by all citizens because the money could be better spent on services etc for Australians. That .20cents the unemployed got could have been more for 1 thing, better hospitals. Even schooling after all that is where the future lies not in importing people who do not want to assimilate into Australia or even learn the language.

one under god - you have been smoking too much weed.
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 23 September 2012 7:19:47 PM
I wonder which is the greater cost figure, the refugees or the military involvement ? Whilst our troops are fighting in Afghanistan, Customs are ferrying those Afghans to Australia. I know economics is an intricate business but spending billions to keep them out whilst spending billions to bring them in ahead of genuine migrants doesn't really add up in my view.
As I stated several times, if we want to solve the problem of helping these people then help them on their own soil, don't import their troubles here. It doesn't make sense.
Our money should be responsibly managed not irresponsibly squandered. It's not very smart to throw so much of our money at those who want to run us down.
Posted by individual, Monday, 24 September 2012 7:26:35 AM
In one or two years, it will really hit the fan.
Australia will join such countries as Spain in a financial crunch.
Our debts are rapidly moving into a state where they will not be repayable.
Our GDP has been falling and worse, I understand from what I have read,
is increasingly made up of services payments.
Thus the growth is largely unreal and not made up of manufacturing widgets.
The part of our GDP that is resources taxes and royalties is also declining.
For these two reasons our real GDP has fallen more than is shown by the statistics.

When/if Tony Abbott becomes PM, Hockey will walk in one morning with
an ashen faced look after a night with treasury and give Tony an
ultimatim, "We are broke and cannot pay our debts.".
"Everything will have to be cut to ribbons."
Then Tony or whoever is PM will be abused from here to eternity.

Why is this happening ?
Well, something that has been called peak (there is that word again) debt.
World debt has reached a level where it cannot be repaid.
Therefore financial sources cannot add to their risk.
The governments issuing pixel money, otherwise known by that strange
name "Quantative Easing" has become ineffective.
The banks are not lending it out because they know it may not be repaid.

It all may fall apart earlier than expected if the US falls into
default on 1st January 2013. A lot will depend on who wins their
election and the Republicans do as they promised if they win.

We need real GDP to pay our debts which is why some say we should use
disposable income instead of GDP, then we would really know where we stand.
At present it is all smoke and mirrors.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 24 September 2012 11:10:22 AM
The figures came out quote
"Final 2011/12 budget deficit was $43.7bn" The refugees cost is over 4 billion so effectively 10% is wasted on them Further proof Labor is a joke that has to go before we end up in debt like America.
Misc note We give money and material aid to Indonesia which in monetary surplus - GO FIGURE THAT.
That is like the beggar giving money to the business man.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 24 September 2012 11:35:05 AM
I guess it must be a form of therapy.

At least, it's the only cogent reason I can come up with that justifies the presence of so many Chicken Littles on this forum, bemoaning our financial status and forecasting imminent national indigence.

That means you, Bazz. Lighten up, for goodness' sake, or you'll worry yourself into an early grave.

>>Australia will join such countries as Spain in a financial crunch<<

Ummm... the trigger for Spain's demise was a trade deficit that reached 10% of GDP in 2008. Our balance of trade is, admittedly, presently in deficit, having bounced around both above and below the line, but averages out around the 1% mark.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/australia/balance-of-trade

Spain went through a building boom, to the extent that around 25% of the houses built between 2001 and 2007 remain empty. We have no parallel here.

Spain's unemployment has reached 25%. Ours is approximately one fifth of that.

Summary: there is no economic indication that "Australia will join such countries as Spain in a financial crunch", and every indication that we will not.

>>Our debts are rapidly moving into a state where they will not be repayable.<<

Not true. All our debt is fully serviceable into the foreseeable future. Do you have examples to the contrary?

Thought not.

And this is classic muddle-headed thinking:

>>World debt has reached a level where it cannot be repaid.<<

Bazz, just think for a moment what you have written there.

"World debt" is non-existent. By definition, there is exactly the same amount owed, as owing. Therefore "the world" has no debt at all, unless we have secretly opened an account with the Central Bank of Ursa Minor.

Individual countries can, and will, settle their inter-country accounts in some manner or the other. And sometimes it will be painful. But to get all-of-a-fluster because the numbers are pretty mind-blowing compared with what's in your personal piggy-bank is to ignore the fact that we are well-placed to survive it all without even having to tighten our belts much at all.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 24 September 2012 2:23:32 PM
You made some reasonable points there Pericles.
I think you are mistaken with the belief

"World debt" is non-existent. By definition, there is exactly the same amount owed, as owing.

Well people who had money in those investments that went down the
gurgler with Salmon Bros don't see it that way.

The money which was earned by somebody was lost, so their labour was lost.
That is a real loss.
Our income is falling but the government is increasing spending into
some years in the future.
Growth is needed to repay debt and we are one country that still has
some growth, but many do not. Our growth will reach zero as the
available energy growth disappears.

The problem is the whole energy and finance system is changing with
the limits of resources being reached but government and the
financial system has not realised it yet.

The only possible solution is a steady state economy & a steady population.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 24 September 2012 3:29:41 PM
"""Individual countries can,
and will, settle their inter-country accounts ..>>in some manner or the other."""

lol

sell off your asets govt
let bankers keep their own..yeah that spunds fair..take our PUBLIC ASSEDTS..stip our culture.. think..like WAR REPERATIONS
\
the bankers beast yiou
fair and square

NOW PAY UP..xant pay..give us your people crown jewels
were so sorry we lost their money..MATE IYTS P{ATHETIC WHAT A FERW WORDS HIDES

take it all
FOR BANKER DEBt
BOROWER BE WARE..you wernt bying that which the PEOPLE OWN

if people isnt YOUR shareholder
your doing treason..

""And sometimes it will be painful.""

yes the peons ALLWAYS GET TO PAY COSTS*

""But to get all-of-a-fluster""..lol
...""because the numbers are pretty mind-blowing"" ,,lol

..sic..''compared with what's in your personal piggy-bank
is to ignore the fact that we are well-placed to survive it all""

yeah stuff you peons
us bankers werre in like flin..into your cash

"" without [us]..even having to tighten our belts much at all.""

yeah we noticed mr bean counter
Posted by one under god, Monday, 24 September 2012 6:04:20 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OUG, have you been on holidays, cause for a while there your posts were not written in riddles? I thought it was too good to be true.

As for OIR debt, who knows, as our figures are so distorted it's hard to believe anything we hear. Unemployment being one example.

The truth is we would not have a clue where we lie in labor land, just look at Queensland.

One thing I am Sure about is that if we have another four or five years, like the past, god knows where we will be.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 24 September 2012 9:55:23 PM
sorry ol chap/my bad

the topic complains about millions
i feel 45 m,illion is cheap to agree to spend 'that much'
on the project..we hope will save billions

i think 45 million is cheap
to keep our exclusive club of colonials..in the majority
without lots of 2%..up in the margins..with these gratefull upgraded now first world city-zens..

i feel maybe we should set levels...of civilisation
to get into our private exploitation of terra nullious..after the dutch clearly declared..these great south lands

as van die mens land
of the peoples land

we should evaked home..them boat people..way back then
from the beginning..

its them outcasts/ref-you-gees..exiled from their own homelands..that need hide amoung the other outcasts/exiles..on others lands

intrested in exploiting..looting plunderring then running 'home'

them durn boat people ESPECIALLY
not the plane dudes flying in first class..that killed dream time..

and bought home the terror
on the southern terra firm ER*

yeah i know..but try to follow the logic
we shoulda dun to phylips what george warumpies mob did to the dutch

that inspired the dutch to state degfinitivly
Van Die Mens...

these lands are of the mens
=[menche*..let david explain
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 25 September 2012 6:38:44 AM
Spain's unemployment has reached 25%. Ours is approximately one fifth of that.
Pericles,
Not so fast. Count in the many pointless Public Service positions, the arty-farty mob, in fact all those who live off us & you'll find Spain's figure are actually better than ours.
What percentage is the Public Service in Spain ? Anyone know ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 25 September 2012 5:32:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy