The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The science is in. Circumcision's benefits outweigh the risks

The science is in. Circumcision's benefits outweigh the risks

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
*Suggesting that this procedure is delayed until the male is an adult is similar to argue for a 12 month waiting period for an abortion.*

Err hang on SM. We are not talking of chopping up people here, we
are talking of snipping off a bit of skin. Sheesh, you do go to
any lengths, to justify your own past actions, to try and feel better
about it all.

*why do the busy bodies pick on this particular issue?*

Well I don't see that happening here. You started the thread and
OLO is about expressing our opinions. Are you upset that people
don't agree with you perhaps?
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 3 September 2012 2:58:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
H,

Don't be a hypocrite, I have seen you on this topic every single time, I guess you are trying to justify your decision. I don't take offense with anyone discussing the topic, but I do take offense from those suggesting I get aroused from it. That was particularly vulgar of you.

Your clear excitement discussing this would make me concerned about having you near small children.

Yabby,

The logic is the same. The risks and pain as an adult are far greater from the procedure than a 4 day old baby. The decision at 18yrs is not the same, and suggesting that it is, is flawed logic.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 3 September 2012 4:30:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SM, given that the odd baby has lost its penis due to circumcision,
it even safer to leave it as nature intended, unless you have shares
in the Vaseline factory and are trying to make a quid on the side.

Teach the kid how to wash it properly and it will be fine.

The one bloke whom I know who did have it done, basically had it
done as most of his mates in his footy team had been done. He did
not seem to think that the operation was a big deal, more like any
other surgical procedure. But what matters is that it comes
down to choice. I'm glad that it was up to me to make that choice,
not some know it all parent.
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 3 September 2012 4:48:29 PM
I see now how this works, if you start a thread that concerns penises, then you have too much invested in them.

Not so if you just merely respond to the thread.

I'll remember that the next time someone starts a thread about banning circumcision.

So, just leave your keyboards alone or you'll go blind.
Posted by Bugsy, Monday, 3 September 2012 4:54:53 PM
I can respond and not be really that invested Bugsy. I would have to check but I believe I've probably even supported both sides of the argument in the many different discussions, most instigated by SM on OLO. I want to get to the bottom of SM's issues. I want to help him. He sounds pretty worked up to me. I have dropped in on page 1 and recently to check on how he's going.

'I guess you are trying to justify your decision'

How could that be SM? I don't have any sons?

'Your clear excitement discussing this would make me concerned about having you near small children.'

And yet you feel offended when I make a similar suggestion. Who is the hypocrite SM? You sound very upset about this topic, one could say more upset than you are about any other topic.

Where does the discomfort come from? You seem to be projecting this discomfort onto my good self, and interestingly using words like frigid. Is that where it stems from?

As I said I am interested only in helping you get through this conflict you have within. This obsession.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 3 September 2012 9:23:54 PM
If you can respond and not be invested in the topic, then why do you care about SM and his obsessions?

Are you in some way invested in helping and psychoanalysing anonymous posters on the internet?

Of course, that would be completely normal behaviour, at least on these pages.
Posted by Bugsy, Monday, 3 September 2012 11:46:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All