The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tax payer funded party exclusive advice?

Tax payer funded party exclusive advice?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
I really can't believe it.

It never occured that legal advice paid for by me & my fellow taxpayers was not the property of my current government.

When we chuck out a government, do they take all the paper work, we have paid for, & stick it in storage somewhere. Who pays for that storage.

With the current kerfuffle regarding legal advice on the health department pay roll disaster, who paid for it? If as I expect we paid, when did our property become the exclusive property of the half dozen Labor people left in the parliament?

If legal advice is on government activities, & paid for by us, how does it become party property? If it is going to be party property, perhaps we should charge the party concerned the cost for that advice.

If this silly lady wants to control what we paid for, I want to see her party billed for the advice, quick time.

I wonder how long one would have to live to find out just how bad our government systems are, in all spheres, & parties?
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 30 July 2012 6:42:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HB, it's time all politicians and the like have indemnity insurance, so we, the tax payer can actually benefit from the billions we all pay in tax.

Lawyers have it, accountants, doctors, even consultants, why not pollies.

More and more of our entitlements are being stripped away, simply because the tax dollars can only be spread so far.

More and more of our own folk are loosing the battle against poverty, yet our governments just keep dishing up disaster after disaster, wasting BORROWED billions along the way.

Just look at the billions still being wasted on illigal boat people. A problem brought on by K Rudds labor, with his trusty side kick and now PM, and with no real end in sight.

Why, because they simply decided one day to fix something that wasn't broken.

With the resources we have, and the mining boom we are experiencing, we should all be doing it very nicely, knowing that our nest eggs are growing, rather than our debts increasing, all because of careless policy by incompitent governments.

C Newman is going to cause a lot of pain, but it shouldnt have been that way.

It's just that he has a huge labor mess to clean up.

I think if federal labor have an election result anything like QLD, perhaps it would be time to dismantle that dysfunctional party once and for all.

To think a sitting party continues to hover around 30% of the vote simply displays a huge lack of trust.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 31 July 2012 5:50:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How is this different from what every other government has ever done?

How about spending $65million on an investigation of a Builders Union, never releasing the findings to the public (who actually paid for it) and then using it as a basis for bashing the entire union movement?

Then there is the notion that a government can sell off what the public owns and had built and paid for over generations - to their corporate buddies at bargain prices and in order to cover up their own dodgey bookkeeping for political purposes.

It's a game and it's rigged.
It's a club and you're not in it.

If you don't like it, run for parliament and change the system.
Posted by wobbles, Tuesday, 31 July 2012 12:27:28 PM
Hi there Hasbeen...

I couldn't agree with you more. I'd go a little further I believe.

Isn't it about time, that we, the people, insist/demand that ALL our politicians, irrespective of their political colours, render themselves criminally liable for ANY incident of venality, corruption of any genre, or unlawfulness.

Culpable for their lies, their waste of OUR money, their deceitful and unconscionable behaviour, and moreover, the many other innumerable occurrences of misfeasance and malfeasance, that we've had unfairly imposed upon us all.

It would give me a great deal of pleasure indeed, even in my retirement, to LOCK UP a corrupt politician. Such is the significant loathing and abhorrence I have for them all !

The serious grief, heartache, and misery the've occasioned upon the very young, the destitute, the poor and the elderly members of our
population of this once great country, is unforgivable.

Yet they'll let these scheming boat people onto our shores, while we have thousands of our own people living on the streets...

POLITICIANS...I can't articulate enough, the extraordinary depth of my loathing, that I have for them all !
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 31 July 2012 4:46:22 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
O sung, Australia has signed over 6000 UN protocols since 1973. Australian legislation has been amended or enacted on over 2000 occasions to accommodate someone else’s plans for Australia. Our political servants serve a higher power than the voters, they represent the banks. All politicians come to understand the impotence of their mandate when their turn comes to govern so they play with what they can and they never buck the global system no matter how dire the need of their nations population becomes. They and their families are still doing ok and that is all that matters to them. Sort of like the bosses of the HSU, they eat gold plated cake and the $16 dollar an hour member eats sheiser, and they don’t give a tinkers cuss, like politicians. Scum in silk suits, dresses, and padded shoulders.
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 31 July 2012 5:51:34 PM
There is a amount of official government information that needs to stay secret for a period until policy is implemented.

A smaller number of items that maybe need to stay within government where the material is genuine related to external entities privacy.

There is an even smaller number of items that need to be state secrets for a sustained period, given Qld does not have a significant weapons research it's unlikely that there are any items in that list.

There are no situations where government information should be kept from the government of the day just because of a change of government.

Any information paid for by the tax payers (or worked on as part of a government role) belongs to the people of the state not the political party that happened to be in power at the time.

The challenge is there for the current government, I suspect that the ALP may have some legal protections for the way they are dealing with the information being sought. The current government can set out new guidelines (and enact them into legislation) divesting themselves of the opportunity to hide behind cabinet secrecy. Set some workable rules in place that ensure a level of privacy that protects Queensland but not political parties then govern in a way that ensures that they will never regret the choice.

Set the standard and watch Labor squirm or hide behind the same self serving misuse of the privilege of government that Queenslander's are already well and truly sick of.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 31 July 2012 6:59:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy