The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Case Against Julian Assange.

The Case Against Julian Assange.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Lexi,

I was addressing the legalities. Personally I see the women probably disgruntled when they found that JA had had them both within 24hrs. That both had consensual sex, but JA had not exactly complied to their wishes would not be a crime in Aus, but with the broad interpretation in Sweden...

I also don't see JA being much of a gentleman. However, if you locked up all the dicks there would only be women on the outside.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 21 April 2012 8:16:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.
It will be interesting to see what happens to
Assange's case in the next few weeks. Whether the
UK complies with the Swedish warrant, what the
Australian Government will do, and so on.
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 21 April 2012 11:01:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
i think that it is best to wait how the judgement would go but them as any citizen of any country it is the right of the person to a fair trial and justice should be served that is why it is only proper that the court should examine concrete and enough evidences before concluding the trial as this is the only way people can see how fair the judgement went. the court should not take advantage of the power they have and should know the proper way to serve justice
Posted by skyj, Sunday, 22 April 2012 2:41:38 PM
I am largely a big fan of *Assange's* work however, I would hope that the rape charges have already been subjected to legal processes to attempt to screen out any elements of the vexatious and or the frivalous.

If so, then he ought be tried, however, as their is a risk of him been abused by the n.american militants, then they should simply try him for the rape charges in a 3rd party state jurisdiction from which there is no risk of that occuring.

Julian has done a great service to the blind faith believers of the West by exposing the lies and indicriminate killing of civilians by the n.american militants, amongst other things, and for that, he deserves i.m.o. a Human Right's medal of honour.

The reality though, as history attests, once individuals take to plotting to kill politicians and those that they are concerned about, law largely goes out the window.

As it is said:

" ... All's fair in Love and War. ... "

Look at the near fate of the Asylum Seeker's here who did some burning. Even knowing in advance that it was not lawful for them to do so, the Geelar guvment sought to have them sent to Malaysia where they would most certainly receive corporal punishment for even contemplating the same.
Posted by DreamOn, Sunday, 22 April 2012 4:53:18 PM
We'll know soon enough what happens next with
the Julian Assange case. And what action, if
any our Government will take.

We can only trust in the British Legal System and that the UK
will make the right decision to keep its
Justice System in tact.
Posted by Lexi, Sunday, 22 April 2012 6:42:22 PM
The following website explains the European Arrest
Warrant and its flaws in the Julian Assange case:-

http://justice4assange.com/The-European-Arrest-Warrant.html
Posted by Lexi, Sunday, 22 April 2012 10:09:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy