The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Who watches television these days?

Who watches television these days?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
I can't watch cricket without thinking of chicken!
Original not hot 'n spicy.
Posted by carnivore, Saturday, 21 April 2012 9:25:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey, hey, Ludwig,

Well, magnificent moustaches run in my family (down the maternal line), and so do strange little men with egg-shaped heads and mincing gaits. I guess both attributes culminated in moi.

Do you remember this exchange between us way back when?
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=3301&page=0#78410
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 21 April 2012 11:18:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I watch very little mostly because of the hours I work. Game of Thrones for entertainment once a week, and I get the streamed online when someone uploads it. Sunday and 60 minutes used to be something I'd watch but 60 minutes lost it when Richard Carleton died. I became VERY annoyed at the weak agenda driven stories. It turned into today tonight type stuff.
Posted by StG, Sunday, 22 April 2012 8:27:17 AM
Hahahahaaaa! Poirot, thanks for reminding me of that weird thread.

Aunty Jack was scary enough but your multi-moed mamma gave me nightmares!!
Posted by Ludwig, Sunday, 22 April 2012 8:47:39 AM
i for one have given up on watching tv these days too i just think that sometimes its a waste of time and i can get only the salient and important information i want to know on internet these days which is more convenient by the way becasue tv has so much extra stuff to it that you have to stay glued to really get the good stuff. i also feel that when i sit in the tv and wait for all the advertisement to finish just to be able to get my daily dose of news, i will be wasting an awful lot of time rather than doing something more productive
Posted by skyj, Sunday, 22 April 2012 2:44:36 PM
Skyj, welcome to OLO.

While TV still seems to have a lot going for it, the internet has surely had a huge impact on our viewing habits.

The internet is interactive, which has got to make it a whole lot more appealing, with Twitter, Facebook, OLO and all sorts of other stuff.

And of course you can google anything you want, get all the music under the sun, and TV programs and so much more.

It really is quite amazing that the old idiot box is hangin in there so well.
Posted by Ludwig, Sunday, 22 April 2012 6:56:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy