The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How can they say they are so clever

How can they say they are so clever

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Pericles

Again I thought of you !

You might be interested in listening to this pod cast between Chris Martenson and Ben Davies which reflects my whole feeling about the financial situation and philosophy towards it. It is a long one, so if you get bored I will understand if you don't want to waste your time. Ben Davies does articulate everything in a way that I would be unable to express and also make my self understood. This is why it is impossible to discuss the problem in any depth on these pages.

Hope this helps.

http://www.chrismartenson.com/blog/ben-davies-greece-just-preview-whats-coming-rest-us/71786
Posted by snake, Sunday, 4 March 2012 11:49:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Farage of UKIP, snake?

>>Nigel Farage who is the British representative in the European parliament. There are several Youtube clips of him addressing the assembly...<<

Not a reliable source, I feel.

"Mr Farage's party, UKIP, campaigns for the withdrawal of Britain from the European Union. It has 13 representatives in the European parliament."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8537664.stm

The intellectual honesty of a political party that dedicates itself to Britain's withdrawal from the EU, but at the same time is happy to eat from the same money-trough, must surely be questioned.

So, perhaps a little biased, yes?
Posted by Pericles, Sunday, 4 March 2012 4:00:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles

"So, perhaps a little biased, yes?"

Yes maybe. I was just amused at the forthright way he got stuck into the Europeans, sitting on their derrieres drawing fat saleried sinecures! There was an element of truth in what he was saying though.
Posted by snake, Monday, 5 March 2012 10:45:33 AM
Quite, snake.

>> I was just amused at the forthright way he got stuck into the Europeans, sitting on their derrieres drawing fat saleried sinecures!<<

All the while, sitting on his own derriere drawing a fat salary. Plus a veritable fistful of perks - travel, entertainment, staff...

"The basic salary of an MEP is already £82,915 a year, compared with £64,766 for an MP at Westminster. Euro MPs can also rake in £360,000 in expenses."

http://nigelfaragemep.co.uk/pages/posts/greedy-meps-demand-yet-more-money-141.php

So, from one corner of his mouth he pretends to despise the entire setup, and from the other he says "yes please" to the rivers of gold that they send his way.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/may/24/mps-expenses-ukip-nigel-farage

Principles? Absolutely none.

Credibility? Well into negative territory.

Reminds me of the classic scene in Casablanca, where police chief Renault is closing down Rick's:

"Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]
Croupier: Your winnings, sir.
Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much."

Only obvious difference is that Farage doesn't understand the term "sotto voce".
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 5 March 2012 2:06:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy