The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A two-fisted display

A two-fisted display

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 28
  9. 29
  10. 30
  11. All
...and there you go. His fault, not hers. Because he didn't drop her on the spot he's guilty as accused? Bravo. You're a star.
Posted by StG, Sunday, 8 January 2012 7:55:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was impressed by this man's patience with the 'bashing' he was getting from his 'it's nothing, she's nobody'lady.
I'm not sure if I would have been as stoic. Maybe it was because she meant nothing to him?

Had it been him 'bashing' her, she wouldn't have been able to walk away from it. An ambulance would have taken her to hospital...

Why don't all you boys get yourself another colour 'ribbon day'?
Let's see how many would join...
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 8 January 2012 7:57:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a disgusting slurry of comments.

"...she meant nothing to him?"

"Had it been him 'bashing' her..."

"Let's see how many would join..."

You've got no idea eh?
Posted by StG, Sunday, 8 January 2012 9:24:07 PM
The truth hurts StG.

Why don't you gather a posse of men together to work out your' own Violence Against Men's Ribbon Day then StG?

Maybe then you would all stop whinging about the White Ribbon Day supporters who only want to do something about violence against women.

There is nothing wrong with that...
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 8 January 2012 10:23:14 PM
yep, you knew it was coming St G ,me too.
Touch on any problem, some women have and stand by for the insults.
We, thankfully left the Friday night flogging the wife, some wifes some husbands behind.
We have grown.
But any domestic violence is wrong.
Men are not the only perpetrators.
Why do we ignore that?
In an age of equality men stand aside for women are expected to have good manners.
In return some women including middle aged , expect it demand it and never return it.
I note increasing street violence by young women.
Increasing harsh male bashed by women story's.
I wear the white ribbon with pride.
Never! the yellow back bone of neglecting the truth, because it is not PC to see some women are as bad/worthless as some men.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 9 January 2012 5:33:54 AM
Pericles, it's your view that because he had received this text he "deserved it". However, none of the domestic violence laws in any of the states, or the Family Law act accepts that such provocation is in fact justified. I could come home and find my wife in flagrante delicto with you, but I am not allowed to raise a finger to either of you.

What if it had been her who received the "ambiguous text" and he had been slapping her? Would you have considered that a reasonable thing to do? Why?

StG, you obvioulsy grasp the point I'm making. The double standatd around violence, as exemplified by Perocles and one of the crow chorus is what leads to these sorts of situations and in the end leads to someone getting seriously hurt. There would have been outrage from the assembled guests if he had eventually responded and given her a good whack across the face in return. She would have turned on the waterworks and nobody would remeber that he stood there and took 20 blows before responding just once.

Belly, I had a feeling you'd agree. You're a pretty honest bloke.

Suseonline, this thread is about a documented case of abuse by a woman against a man. I'll put you down as one of the sista-girls cheering "you go girl" with every blow landed. Somehow, I'm not surprised,
Posted by Antiseptic, Monday, 9 January 2012 5:51:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 28
  9. 29
  10. 30
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy