The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > ALP conference: Too much talk, not enough thought.

ALP conference: Too much talk, not enough thought.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Aaah! bonmot, always behind the times.You obviously missed these recent pieces from Yabby & Shadow Minister which answered your little query.

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=4860#129591

and, the two billion other times on OLO where the same little query was *posed* and answered to death--do try and keep up to date!
Posted by SPQR, Saturday, 17 December 2011 7:36:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SPQR excusez le mot!

(translation: your poke has negative undertones in a time of grief) - but what would you know?

Thanks for the link anyway.

Btw, I don't get to read all OLO comments or threads, for what I assume were obviuos reasons, but there you go.
Posted by bonmot, Saturday, 17 December 2011 8:24:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
R I P Truth
It is my opinion, on some subjects truth has been, bashed, mugged, finally killed.
As a result of the NEGATIVITY and only brief relationship Tony Abbott and his followers have with truth we have lost a Friend.
May I [getting close to new year] Predict,should Labor in opposition , act as Doctor NO does, and have the power he has, by supporting greens.
My verbal combatants will gain a better understanding of my concerns.
Right now I say go to the Malaysian solution.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 17 December 2011 1:16:28 PM
The Malaysian solution was the most inhumane policy yet devised, and is now dead.

Juliar should now swallow her pride and accept the better off shore processing options the coalition has offered.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 18 December 2011 5:03:39 AM
Irrespective of the remarks they have made and passed at the conference, the party has placed our wage earners further back out of the reach of being able to live a decent life; unable to buy a home, almost impossible to rent one and making it an extremely difficult decision to date to get married and raise a family.
Despite their contention that they have improved the economy, it certainly has not improved for the wage earners and small business at all. You explain why – when in 1977, a home cost approximately $31,000, little more than twice the average annual wage of $15,000, and yet today the average home costs approximately $430,000 seven times as much as the average annual wage of $63,000.
Menzies did a similar thing to us back in 1957 after the media harassed him over one of his ministers retrieving articles from the war sites for his own use while a minister of the crown. In that instant, I believe that he gave a 40% increase, and Barristers and others whose salaries were not controlled, also increased their salaries with the rightful claim that they were more entitled to an increase than the parliamentarians who had little or no quality training to make and change laws, the same as today.
I suspect that the change of the tribunal and even the original choosing of a tribunal in the first place may be outside of the powers of the Parliament, and should be a subject for a referendum, It leaves too much power on a body outside of the parliament and in very deep contempt of the reasonable rights of the population, it is really contemptible.
Some people say when you feed them peanuts, you get monkeys, and I’ll admit we do have monkeys, but they certainly have not been fed peanuts. Will there be any improvement? They still reach their paws into the honey jar to pilfer whatever they can get, they have not changed, and will not.
The conference was only a ploy to convince that the politicans can think, but have no integrity.
Posted by merv09, Sunday, 18 December 2011 6:47:51 AM
Merv! mate! so Polly's look like they can think?
To make it look like they have integrity.
How am I to judge your views.
Elections are held about every three years.
From my birth till now almost every worker says they vote Labor.
But they lie.
29 in a hundred intend to on polling this week.
IF we take a radical path, while at our lowest, we disappear.
Market forces drive prices/ wages/ economy's.
I am quite willing to give Labor a bashing but your comment, like the one above it is unrealistic, untrue, and that is that.
Student R may care to return and see the latest thread from SM, Conservatives want only to continue to throw dust in this country's eyes while betraying us.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 18 December 2011 4:29:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy