The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are we destroying the future for our children?

Are we destroying the future for our children?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
I often go into buisiness meetings and here comments that our youth do not want to work.
Unfortunatly like many other small businesses I had to stop employing even though I am an award winning businesse in the woodworking industry. It is not the cheap imports that have effected my buisinesse though it is unfair competition from funded retirees who had the oportunity to earn a living before they went into false retirement.
We have
Skill shortages, youth suicide, Youth turning to drugs,
what happened to a fair go for all,

I have written to politicians and senators the answer is always the same they all direct my letters to some one else, then they eventually are passed on to either the ACCC, or t6he Ombudsman, or The department of fair trading.
The answer that is always given by ALL of these supoosed government watchdogs is always the same they are bound by legislation and can do nothing about retirees competing against businesses.
Why because these false retirees are in arts groups and have registered so called non-profit organisations even though the members themselves are making massive profits from the goods they sell without ever having to pay G.S.T.
There is never enough money for essential services but the politicians can find the money from arts funds to be used to destroy dedicated artists that are paying thier own way and these funds are being used to destroy jobs especially in cities like Redcliffe in Qld.
Stating our youth do not want to work is utter garbage in my opinion our politicians and our retirees are teaching them not to work by example.
Should we continue with this destruction of jobs or should we have a user pay systems and use tax moey for our education systems and health etc.
The other ridiculous thing to consider with this issue is that the government keeps throwing more money into apprentices, school based trainees and other incentives , yet they are destroying these initiatives just as fast with the jobs they are destroying because of thier vote buying.

WHY/
Posted by furnman, Sunday, 18 March 2007 9:18:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy