The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > When might was right. The death of a parasite.

When might was right. The death of a parasite.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
While most agree that force is a last resort, sometimes there is no real alternative, and in spite of some have criticism of the involvement of NATO in overthrowing Qaddafi's murderous regime, the outcome is the freeing of a nation from an egotistical dictator.

I would like to congratulate NATO for a brave decision, and wish the new Libya good fortune in the future.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 21 October 2011 6:51:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The dictator ruled his country for 42 years -
and while watching the news channels showing
the people of Lybia celebrating in the streets -
at the death of this despot - I couldn't help thinking
how lucky we are to be in a country where we don't have
to fear for our lives on a daily basis.

I too hope that now the Lybian people will be able to
enjoy the basic freedoms that the rest of us do.
And trust that things will only get better
for them from now on.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 21 October 2011 1:25:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good riddance to him too.

It's ironic that of all the supposedly 'rogue leaders' around the world that are a supposed threat, we let Gaddafi- who actually has committed terrorist attacks and made terrorist threats against Europe- stay in power so long until his own people ultimately take him out.
Posted by King Hazza, Friday, 21 October 2011 3:44:26 PM
Yes well done NATO, thanks.
AH Zimbabwe? North Korea?
Hope it is not forgotten we help some ignore some.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 21 October 2011 3:57:03 PM
seems those killing him were fairly barbaric. One rotton dictactor replaced by?
Posted by runner, Friday, 21 October 2011 4:13:40 PM
After all that effort and cost, I wonder if the new government will be any better than the last.

The christians in Egypt do not appear to be doing so well out of the change.

Time will tell.
Posted by Banjo, Friday, 21 October 2011 4:16:03 PM
I'm not as sure SM, In the broadest and most basic terms I would express it this way, from Dictator to IMF and World Bank.
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 21 October 2011 4:30:29 PM
Lexi:>>the people of Lybia celebrating in the streets<<

Will it be like that for us Lexi when Labor is driven out? Please say yes.
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 21 October 2011 4:35:39 PM
Will it be like that for us Lexi when Labor is driven out? Please say yes.
sonofgloin,
I think they will if they get paid overtime.
I always cringe when I witness that mass hysteria. Like when Saddam Hussein was killed. Does it really make the victors better ? Not in my book. Look at Egypt now ? Look at Afghanistan or any other place where dictators have been toppeld. Has Australia improved when Whitlam & Keating got ousted ? No ! So what are we really on about ? Gaddafi started out a benevolent Dictator & look how they, the good democratic leaders manipulated him ?
I never forget when Gaddafi publicly destroyed & burnt electric guitars. He could see years ahead. He could then see the developing mindlessness of the masses via head banging noise.
Posted by individual, Friday, 21 October 2011 5:31:31 PM
I'd love to be excited by this, but history offers little hope. If the circumstances surrounding Gaddafi's death are any indicator, then the future doesn't look too bright. Of course, the stories surrounding that death have become somewhat more sanitised as the day has gone by. Who knows what really happened? Libya's next government will no doubt have plenty of time (maybe even another 42 years) to show us what it's made of.
Posted by Otokonoko, Friday, 21 October 2011 7:42:29 PM
*Who knows what really happened?*

Well on an early news report, the boys who caught him, claimed that
they shot him. I notice that in later news reports, they cut that
bit out. Perhaps its a bit ahem, too down to earth and realistic for
our newsmedia.
We would not want the kiddies hearing that stuff.
Posted by Yabby, Friday, 21 October 2011 9:49:02 PM
The real reason Gaddafi was around for so long was because he was allowed to remain as long as he served our interests.

Recent arms deals signed with the UK plus his initial support from the USA were only overturned by the persistence of local insurgents.

Like in Egypt, there are many Western interests that are worried about true democracy flourishing in the Middle East because it threatens our stranglehold on the oil supply line. There is probably a replacement already waiting in the wings to take over if things don't go our way.
Posted by wobbles, Friday, 21 October 2011 10:53:37 PM
Dear SOG,

Be careful what you wish for.
You may live to regret it as we're
currently doing in Victoria with the
cutbacks taking place in funding to our
public hospitals, and other strategy
infrastructures.
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 22 October 2011 9:25:28 AM
The people of Libya will not be free.The West will steal their oil ,gold and replace their banking system with the Western debt based one.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 22 October 2011 10:10:04 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay writes
'The people of Libya will not be free.The West will steal their oil ,gold and replace their banking system with the Western debt based one.'

And you will continue to enjoy the benefits or will you send all your stolen goods to Iran?
Posted by runner, Saturday, 22 October 2011 10:26:27 AM
And you will continue to enjoy the benefits or will you send all your stolen goods to Iran?
runner,
of course not, that's different. It's a bit like the EPA. They sit in their air-conditioned offices & use computers etc. but if an Islander want's to put a star picket into the reef to secure his dinghy then they move everything moveable to stop him.
Lybia will be just another basket in the ball game called democracy & the people will be even worse off.
Just look at our politics. Weren't we supposed to be better off now under Kevin 07 ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 22 October 2011 11:24:18 AM
runner you are not very smart.It is the elite 0.001% who take the benefits and give you and I the debt.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 22 October 2011 11:25:32 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
it is the elite 0.001% who take the benefits and give you and I the debt.
Arjay,
I you're a little conservative with your figures. The elite makes up a far greater percentage than that. Just look at Australia where the public service alone is nearly 50 %, a lot different from 0.001 don't you think ? Then add the corporate elite to that & the entertainment elite & the sporting elite. Slightly more than your figure.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 22 October 2011 11:43:28 AM
The Libyan "Rebels" must be grade A morons.
You can't do deals with the Anglo-European Elites,they don't honour their agreements and they'll betray you at the drop of a hat.
The whole situation is crazy, in a few years those Rats from the LTC will be on their knees in a shallow grave begging for their lives, that's the way it goes when you make deals with NATO.
All the scum who sided with the Coalition forces in Iraq will have to go with them when they leave or stay to face the people they sent to Abu Ghraib. Just like the ones who betrayed their countrymen to help the Australians in Al Mathanna, when they arrived here the local Iraqis treated them like Pariahs.

BTW Third World "Dictators" don't dictate, they take orders from their superiors in London and Washington.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Saturday, 22 October 2011 10:22:43 PM
Tony Blair 'visited Libya to lobby for JP Morgan'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/tony-blair/8772418/Tony-Blair-visited-Libya-to-lobby-for-JP-Morgan.html

"Saif and his father played these people like musical chairs. At the end the reputation of the LIA was really damaged because of these interventions."

Yeah right, somehow I think you'd have to get up pretty early to put one over on Tony Blair, it's now quite clear the Gadhaffi's were the ones being "played".

As Arjay points out Libya under Gadhaffi would have continued working to bolster African independance from the Western bankers, that's why he was targeted for assassination.

Much Libyan money is gone – the Central Banks claim the rebels spent or stole it.
http://truthfrequencynews.com/?p=11511

The theft of the Libyan sovereign funds,Stealing by US & Western Empire
http://pakconnects.blogspot.com/2011/06/theft-of-libyan-sovereign-fundsstealing.html
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 23 October 2011 11:00:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy