The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Atheism The Way Forward.

Atheism The Way Forward.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 47
  7. 48
  8. 49
  9. Page 50
  10. All
[good is ALLWAYS fair][but good
done FOR others..is the best to achieve true change]

its not till we help set others free
that we become free

""Church members are condemned individually""
just as athiests are condemed individually..
BY THAT they did or didnt do...FOR other

""just as the church is condemned collectively""
the church is dead..NEVER lived,

but yes it
has allowed evil sanction and sanctury

""ignorance is no defense""

too true
too whom so much was given
so much better was only to be expected

shame
shame
shame
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 15 September 2011 8:01:27 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poirot

I did not imagine Squeers' personal vitriol.

But hey, I'm not the kind of person to hold grudges, and no doubt we will meet up again. I may even respond kindly to Squeers provided he is reasoning courteously in future.

Let's leave this thread to the pointless lists and predictable posts from a couple of participants.

PS

Atheism is still not an ideology. But pretending to superiority because one is an atheist does have its problems.

:)
Posted by Ammonite, Thursday, 15 September 2011 9:14:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ammonite,

I appreciate your latest response.

However, I'm a tad puzzled by your take on Squeers and his demeanour towards you on this thread. I've just trawled through the first thirteen pages and noted the initial contact between the two of you...and it seems to me that the acrimony was instigated by your provocation toward Squeers in response to replies he gave to David and Paul 1405. You jumped into the fray and declared yourself "ignorant" and "insulted" - you labeled Squeers' response "lame" and "abysmal".

You went "out of your way" to provoke him....why are you claiming you're a victim?
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 15 September 2011 10:06:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poirot

2 reasons:

1. I disagreed with Squeers with his claim there is a worse ideology than atheism, because atheism is not an ideology.

2. The manner in which Squeers expressed his opinion to David and Paul1405 was offensive. Not to me personally, however, I saw no reason to appear as if I approved of his methods by remaining silent.

You and I have managed to exchange views without name calling, have we not?

I'm still not sure what Squeers actually does or does not believe - despite his prolificacy - the "if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you" method is immature.

I do understand that people may use the idea of atheism as a means to create dogma and therefore, try to indoctrinate people. However, given that most atheists are extremely independent thinkers - some would say "bloody minded" it is unlikely that atheists would let themselves be 'cult'-ivated.

Please consider, if atheists behaved like Christians:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pwwvBygoFA&feature=related
Posted by Ammonite, Thursday, 15 September 2011 4:34:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bjOyt9PBzA&feature=related

Yes, a world without religion...well heres the problem. Since the pass times of the origins of man, we all can thank something that gave us the conscious mind. Now I know what I know and you know what you know and what we all know, is the same thing.

All of man and woman have the same thoughts thanks to why we are here:)_:)

I'll bet no-ones even thought of a higher evolved culture, that just screwing with our heads.....No, that cant be true, can it:)

All that stone age technology, and they built these near imposable structures with copper tools that we can see today.

See, we all look up, WHY.

cactus
Posted by Cactus:), Thursday, 15 September 2011 5:06:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 47
  7. 48
  8. 49
  9. Page 50
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy