The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > No wonder people are confused :(

No wonder people are confused :(

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
At the end of the day, I regard politicians in good favour for what they might achieve, it is all about ability not, as some fear, about gender.
Having said that, a lot of Politicians are more about having their heads in the feed trough, lurks and perks have to be earned by displays of good governance, not rabble rousing and spending tax payers money for the many junkets that they indulge in, they really have to work hard to earn my money, if they don't, I won't recognise them at the next Fed.Election, and State for that matter. They cry 'Open and Accountable', but that promise reaches its' use by date within a few weeks if not sooner. Give me a Benevolent Dictator any day.
NSB
Posted by Noisy Scrub Bird, Monday, 25 July 2011 6:29:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<<No 'Shadow' - my thread (or Crabb's article) was about Abbott.
It's was about Abbott's conduct - pure and simple.>>

ROFLMAO
This is about Abbott –pure and simple!

Anyone who’d believe that Bonmot's motive in linking the article was purely and simply to examine/highlight Abbotts conducts.
Would have to be simple enough to believe that fairy rings are caused by fairies, or flying saucers cause crop circles… or maybe even, the dams will run dry, the rivers will flood, the ice will melt and our butts will freeze on Sydney winter mornings ,all due to AGW.

Nah! on second thoughts, no one could be simple enough to believe the last one.
Posted by SPQR, Monday, 25 July 2011 7:36:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep, SPQR attacks the messenger. Can't even address the issues raised in Annabel Crabb's article ... typical.

Moving on.
Posted by bonmot, Monday, 25 July 2011 8:38:57 PM
Dear Bonmot,

Like Tony Abbott - that's all he has.
Posted by Lexi, Monday, 25 July 2011 10:49:43 PM
@ aussieguy

Bizarre indeed but even if they do, no one would believe them anyway :(

@ rstuart

ditto that

@ Lexi

Thanks for the link to the Stephen Long interview Lexi – he’s right. Abbott is a master of spin and propaganda. I agree, many conservative voters are “irrationally angry” – but I would add many of the other voters too; including traditional Labor. People really are confused – and angry.

Abbott’s “ruthless ambition”? Absolutely, but so too Gillard. There is a difference though and one would have to be a tad ‘loose’ not to see it. Annabel Crabb’s article makes it abundantly clear. I’m not sure Menzies would have countered Abbott’s strategies of spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt either – it’s as if the neo-conservatives of today would rather ‘trash’ the country (figuratively of course) before they will acknowledge they really are not the government. No wonder our international counterparts are bemused by the flip-flops of our alternative PM. Not one to have trust in I’m sure.

I’ve always given sway to negotiated outcomes and I would have assumed this was what politics was all about. I can see this from Gillard, no way do I see this from Abbott. Put another way, if you have two opposing views it is far better to give a little/take a little. Abbott clearly does not want that and will take his ball home if he can’t be the winner. I don’t trust that attitude in a national leader – no matter what side they come from.

Lexi, I have entered this ‘discussion’ fray for the first time – it’s challenging, so full marks to those who can keep it up (my skills and abilities lie elsewhere). I believe it is important to address the distortions and misrepresentations that have been flying around – but when you get the likes of Abbott (and his ‘shadow’) … well, you know what I mean. The Australian electorate has been ‘dumbed down’ by mindless negative rhetoric, imho. Thanks for your contribution.

Now, it’s back to work for me – thanks everybody.
Posted by bonmot, Tuesday, 26 July 2011 1:40:37 PM
Dear Bonmot,

The art of reasoned, intelligent debate is a skill not easily acquired. You do it so well - and I trust that you shall keep
posting for many years yet. Thanks for responding to my inputs
and for your excellent take on things. Much appreciated.
Posted by Lexi, Tuesday, 26 July 2011 2:19:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy