The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Africa in crisis still/again.

Africa in crisis still/again.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Lady !

I do beg your pardon.
Posted by Kerryanne, Saturday, 23 July 2011 10:49:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
1) Further to Yabby’s post, here’s another in a similar vein

“Frances approached a refugee advocate to discuss her alarm over population growth in Pakistan, where in the aftermath of the 2005 earthquake she'd witnessed something that disturbs her still. She'd helped a woman give birth to her 17th child by a husband with several other wives. But there was no more room in the tent. So the mother married off a 15 year-old daughter to accommodate the infant. A week later, Frances saw the new bride. "It was the sight of a girl who had been raped. I've been haunted by the look of this girl, her bloodshot eyes, ever since." When Frances raised her sense of helplessness with the refugee advocate, he put his hands over his ears.”
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/rocking-the-boat/story-e6frg8h6-1226088726434

2) And, I am puzzled as to why Aime would use the term “Consumer Nations”, since all nations are consumer nations. (unless, and maybe here I am being a little uncharitable,she implying only the rich consume!)
Posted by SPQR, Sunday, 24 July 2011 8:00:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Immigration improves ALL societies ALL of the time doesn't it?
Surely failed states like Ethiopia could just be dispersed across the continent, that'd be fair wouldn't it?
Eliminate borders in Africa, if it's good for the White Europeans,North Americans and Australians and to have no say in who lives next door it's good enough for Kenyans and Sudanese as well.
Malawi and Tanzania are fertile but underpopulated, let's insist that they make their populations 10%-20% non Botswani and non Malawian.
Let's make them give the immigrants jobs,welfare, medical care and schooling.
Let's call them racists and international pariahs if they dare to object,they'll also need "hate speech laws" and anti Racism training in their schools plus social workers and human rights tribunals to enforce the rules.
They'd surely jump at the chance to host millions of outsiders, after all we're "all the same" aren't we?
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 24 July 2011 6:27:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy