The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Survey on change

Survey on change

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Tried the survey, and the questions are extremely leading.

I would view the results with scepticism.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 21 July 2011 8:34:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Done!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 21 July 2011 9:28:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi all,

thanks a lot to those who participated in the survey! I really appreciate your support and it is good to see that there are many who are interested!

Yes, of course this research has been approved by the ethics committee.

No, it is not about the nanny state. It has got nothing to do with it at all. All information about this research can be found at the beginning of the survey - purpose, aim etc.

Nice to emeet!

Best wishes,
Petra

PS: Please keep on forwarding the survey to others who are interested, or if you haven’t yet: please click your way through!
Posted by Petra___, Thursday, 21 July 2011 10:30:10 AM
Hi,

I part completed the survey and it is incompetently designed so I abandoned it somewhere around halfway through. It may have passed an ethics committee but it doesn't pass Quantitative Data Analysis 101.

One of the problems is that Petra has used a ratings scale in a number of the questions which biases answers by having two positive ratings to one negative.

She refuses to acknowledge the problem and suggested that I study up on ratings scales. I've asked her for contact details of her supervisor - this sort of thing does academic studies no good - and I'm not sure that I shouldn't apologise for having allowed her to post this link in the first place.

I did assume that a PhD student and a university would be able to get these sorts of things correct, but apparently not.
Posted by GrahamY, Saturday, 23 July 2011 9:11:19 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy