The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Great Documentaries.

Great Documentaries.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Lexi, John Pilger has an anti imperialist streak that exhibits itself in his work. He did not buy the Vietnam war, the Kennedy assassination or the way we have treated our indigenous brothers and sisters, I think he is a class act.

Otokonoko, I enjoy the passive aggressive style that Theroux brings to journalism, non threatening wide eyed and seemingly willing to learn he disarms his subjects and we see some truths rather than just spin from them.

Belly, without Russia we would be eating Bratkaroffeln mit Matjes for breakfast, but then again without the yanks we could be eating borscht for lunch, but as it is, it is kebabs all round without a shot being fired, except in armed robberies and drive by shootings.
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 24 June 2011 9:11:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A great documentary recently screened on the ABC was "The Human Planet"...it left one with an alternative take on the human condition, and an insight to the lives of people who are not touched by modern notions of progress.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 24 June 2011 9:21:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Have not seen one mentioned here I did not like.
Right now have about 30 ww2 American real footage tapes,sure every one has seen them, helps while locked away.
Documentary's are the best thing after world and local news.
As long as your questioning radar is turned on.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 24 June 2011 12:27:25 PM
Dear Otokonoko,

Good choice of docos. Brought back so many memories.
All good.

Dear Bronwyn,

Thanks for responding to my question. It was a brilliant documentary.

Dear Belly,

I also love the World War II documentaries.
The recent ones on Hitler were eye-opening.

Dear SOG,

Don't knock borscht for lunch or matjes - they add zest to life,
especially borsht in winter - Yum. And as for pelmeni, piroschki,
strogonov, even cabbage-rolls - my eyes are glassing over at the
mere thought. John Pilger I can take in small doses - and he is a
very talented man there's no doubt about that.

Dear Ammonite,

David Attenborough - definitely, Mike Moore - yes, in smaller doses.
David Suzuki - any time. And ABC's Catalyst - definitely. I enjoy
Geraldine Doogue.

Anybody enjoy George Negus? To me he seems to have lost his old spark
a bit.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 24 June 2011 4:13:53 PM
Aah, I forgot about poor old David Attenborough! He is amazing. Despite (or, perhaps, because of) being rather advanced in years, he has what it takes to appeal to the kids, too. He brings so much passion and enthusiasm to what he does that I've sat with a classload of rowdy 15 year-old boys who were awestruck by, of all things, "The Private Life of Plants".
Posted by Otokonoko, Friday, 24 June 2011 7:36:59 PM
Dear Poirot,

The Human Planet sounds wonderful. I may look into buying it.
I can pass it onto my children as well.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 24 June 2011 8:28:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy