The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Where on earth is the cavalry?

Where on earth is the cavalry?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Lexi and a597 fair observations.

But if the Federal and NSW governments change while I am on this forum, and they mismanage and waste and lie I will vent my contempt for them as well, you just gotta wait. But right now the Labor Lawyers that run the Labor Party can get stuffed, and as they are rather vacuous there is loads of room.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 7 February 2011 4:35:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SOG:

I'm from Victoria - so I can't really comment on what goes on in NSW.
We've got a new state government in Victoria at present. As you said,
let's wait and see how much better they will be compared to the previous state government. In Victoria - for the past decade they worked on roads, railways, schools, hospitals,public transport, desalination plants, you name it - they attempted to do most of it. We've lived in Victoria for the past 35 years and we have no complaints with the past Labor Government unlike the previous Liberal government under Jeff Kennett which was a disaster - his policy was - save money on everything, cut-back, downsize, to hell with the taxpayers, jobs for the boys, and concessions for big business. Kennett ruined the hospital system, transport system, libraries, schools, local governments, aged-care facilities, closed down mental-care,sold off public assets and then had the nerve to join "Beyond Blue," (an organisation for people suffering from depression, and mental stress). Also under Kennett they brought in the infamous "Grand Prix," which to this day has been a multi-million dollar loss and drain on the State economy. We've yet to see what the new government will bring -we can only hope that it won't be a repeat of the previous Liberal government. There was a time when Liberals were in power that people were moving north to Queensland. It appears that at the time the National Country Party Government in Queensland was better. Under the recent Labor Government the population growth in Victoria was greater then that of NSW and Queensland. Still, people want a change every decade - let's hope this time they won't live to regret it.
Posted by Lexi, Monday, 7 February 2011 5:31:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lexi you taught me something, thanks, I always expected Sydney to be the primo immigration destination. This from the papers March 2010:

"Melbourne has by far the biggest growth that any Australian city has ever known. It is adding to pressure on the state’s public transport, roads, schools and hospitals – not to mention house prices."

Lexi in Sydney last weekend a tiny semi detached four room (in total)house with no floor boards in Annandale that has been uninhabited for 8 years sold for $800K. The guy who purchased it said that maximum building costs would be $120 to 180k given the whole property is the size of a two car garage, making it a million buck exercise. That same house when habitable 20 years ago was valued at $85k.

Lexi just on Kennett, do you recall these names, Tri-continental, or the Pyramid building society? The incompetence factor from our Labor political masters and their public service was breathtaking and financially devastating to the average Joe, not the money, the average Joe, which is why you Mexicans voted Kennett in.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 7 February 2011 9:04:25 PM
Lexi/Sonofgloin first let me say this.
Sonofgloin Lexi had it quite right about your comment.
Look at the post history of people, consider right now,this very minute Armed services, emergency services, volunteers, are like ants on the ground.
we sent out Navy to remote Islands, bringing things that could not be bought ANY OTHER WAY.
This TRAGIC EVENT is being used as a weapon of war on Labor!
Even with in opposition meetings near war is being fought.
Now please, consider this, some of us, me,are never going to vote conservative, this issue its handling PROVES TO ME they are blind to my part of Australia.
Why can we not all under stand,this issue should unite us not divide?
Lexi next post.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 8 February 2011 6:55:59 AM
Lexi Good morning, I do live in NSW it is my home state.
I have lived for the ALP and will continue to do so forever.
At times that will bring me to confront them.
This has been the case for three years in NSW.
NSW in the half last century has more often had an ALP government than not.
This one, no easy job to say, is dead and smelly.
We lost the plot along time ago,love him or loath him, I love him Carr left and self interest took over.
A mob fought another mob,for power both took turns at rolling the rank and file membership up and down a very rough hill.
No party MUST EVER be supported no matter what it crimes, no party ever had a bigger list of them.
My love of my party demands it is removed, starts again,to be the party it was.
We however are election a shadow,a man with policy's we have not seen, a party that never helps the average, that we know will be better, no party could be worse.
It Lexi is the followers of ALP that are rolling the rock over the cave door this time.
And it hurts,I still love my party but tough love is needed.
My last comment?
How truly great our country would be if EVERY ONE demanded better from their party, I charge many here with a one eyed combative view of politics.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 8 February 2011 7:12:39 AM
SOG and Belly:

Thanks for being so open and honest and sharing your views with me on this Forum. Politics will always be a contentious issue I guess. To my way of thinking - I think that the Australian voters usually get it right in the end. We'll have to wait and see what develops in the political arena in the terms ahead. I think everyone needs to lift their game politically because at present things aren't looking good for many people. Talking about house prices - a house that was ready for demolition in our old neighbourhood here in Melbourne - recently sold for $860,000 - I suspect it was bought by a developer who's building units on an adjoining block and saw an opportunity to extend.
Posted by Lexi, Tuesday, 8 February 2011 9:32:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy