The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should we have a flood levy?

Should we have a flood levy?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. All
im not sure if you noticed..[ammoung the deluge of flood coverage]
the roads torn to shreds...
and often lifted up ..in great big chunks

this is directly attribbutable to the road BUILDERs..
not tying the road ..to the road base..

[ie either negligence on their part..or negligance on the part of govt what paid for it to be done ..poorly..

govts finger[prints]...[incompitant governance..
and incompitant public officials..
is the direct cause of this mess..

its them what ALLOWED the homes
poor infastructure.. to be built in flood-planes..

its them what sold off ..the water rights...

[lets recall conflowrs wisdom]..

quote..'firstly, water was hoarded in Wivenhoe (Brisbane]*

..*Wivenhoe had *to release water ..late
and in response to a huge run-off,..[inflow]

thereby causing* the flooding of Brisbane..
it was supposed to prevent;..!

ie greedy revenue-raisers..or rather our leaders acting as financiers...weather-girls...not as leaders/thinkers

they want ..ever more taxes

they have huge debt's ...are paying massive ammounts of intrest..building white elephants..BADLY..

who is rebuilding the PRIVATISED railways?

if bridges fail...who built them TO FAIL?
if roads peel off ..WHO BUILT THEM WRONG
broadwalks float away..

we built them once
now we going to HAVE to let THEM..build them BADLY..again

and who is doing
the bailout ..INSURANCE SHOULD BE COVERING?

we the tax payers
as usual

and all for the extra tax
cost ..of ONLY one cup of expensive cof-fee per day..

but that adds up to 365 cups of coffe per year..
they are so good at their sin and their spin..

but the only cost THEY pay...
is going away scotte free at election day
to go onto ..their privledge overly generous public swervice pension plan...

while working os for their real bosses..
[the ones who built the wrong things..
in the wrong places
BADLY

time they paid more attention
time we realised treason for what it is
bi-partisan ...all parties collude deciets

ps julias crocodile tears,..
should have been yesterdays headlines
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 10 February 2011 8:03:17 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One Under God after a fine effort on your behalf to upset the few friends you have here I thought I would leave you to your own world.
You hooked me bloke, can not stay away from roads stuff.
As a road builder we did not tie the roads down because we ran out of string!
Any idea how fast that water ran,what force it generated, what a road across its path faces, more string bloke lots more string.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 10 February 2011 1:36:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wow, one under god, I don’t believe that I have ever seen more misstatements in any post than in your last ramble. For starters you are discussing two sections, State and Federal, in one breath. I suggest you may wish to keep them separated to provide clarity to your readers. Like Belly, I had a good laugh visualising all the road builders running around tying the road to nearby trees. The Greens would have a field day with that idea.
The proposed levy is one cup a week (not day) which is 52 cups over the year but even that is too much for you to contribute towards more strings for roads, hey?
Wivenhoe did the job it was designed for. 100% for water catchment and another 100% for flood mitigation. The release of the water was scheduled as per manual, which when written during the time of building the dam 30 years ago, did not consider the possibility of the Lockyer Valley flooding at the same time as the dam catchment area. Brisbane didn’t flood because of water releases from Wivenhoe. Brisbane flooded because the inflow from the Bremer River draining the Lockyer Valley was unprecedented. Besides, greedy developers had built many more homes on nominated flood plains since 1974’s flood. Couple that with a King tide on the same day and Brisbane was saved from serious damage by Wivenhoe and their engineers.
It sounds like that you maybe an understudy to Shadow Minister, who believes that dissecting an error is more important than accurate comments.
Posted by lizhu, Thursday, 10 February 2011 5:26:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy