The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Wet behind the ears on Water

Wet behind the ears on Water

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Not long ago John Howard wanted legislative powers over “ports” but Premier Peter Beatty opposed this. The Federal Government seeks powers in education. They took Industrial Relations. Now they want WATER. What is next?

And, if Howard get the WATER then he can dictate Peter Beatty on the ports!
Howard could charge ships entering the port for a levy using the WATER!
With the “never ever GST”, his WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION and a lot more I deal with reality not what they claim.
As for a 5-year SUNSET CLAUSE, obvious the premiers and their legal advisors don’t understand that once they sign over legislative powers then that is the end of it. A SUNSET CLAUSE isn’t worth the paper it is written on.

Hansard 27-01-1898 Constitution Convention Debates
Sir GEORGE TURNER.-Will you briefly restate the point?

Mr. DEAKIN.-My point is that by the requests of different colonies at different times you may arrive at a position in which all the colonies have adopted a particular law, and it is necessary for the working of that law that certain fees, charges, or taxation should be imposed. That law now relates to the whole of the Union, because every state has come under it. As I read clause 52, the Federal Parliament will have no power, until the law has thus become absolutely federal, to impose taxation to provide the necessary revenue for carrying out that law. Another difficulty of the sub-section is the question whether, even when a state has referred a matter to the federal authority, and federal legislation takes place on it, it has any-and if any, what-power of amending or repealing the law by which it referred the question? I should be inclined to think it had no such power, but the question has been raised, and should be settled. I should say that, having appealed to Caesar, it must be bound by the judgment of Caesar, and that it would not be possible for it afterwards to revoke its reference.

The blog is located on the Internet at this web-address;
http://au.blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-ijpxwMQ4dbXm0BMADq1lv8AYHknTV_Q
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Friday, 9 February 2007 2:07:03 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And further;

Malcolm Turnbull already stated that he is not going to cut down the over allocation, then obviously nothing is going to change other then a change of politicians who make decisions.

Premier Michael Rann claims that John Howard is making concessions. What concessions I ask?
He has no general power in regard of WATER and now he might get it, using taxpayers money. Some kind of concession, I say!

Soon the Federal Government is going to dictate you must have a water tank and pay tax on it. Pay tax for the rain that falls on your property, and a whole lot more.

I challenge all Premiers and the Federal Government to come up with their best lawyers and seek to defeat me against my claim that constitutionally the States cannot refer legislative powers of WATER without a Referendum, despite what Subsection 51(xxxvii) of the Constitution may stand for.
They better keep in mind that I defeated the Federal Government lawyers on 19 July 2006 (after a 5-year legal battle) totally, on all constitutional issues I raised in the proceedings, and so they better know what they (the lawyers) are talking about before even contemplating to take me on.

PEOPLES POWER: protect and defend our constitutional and other legal rights and hold politicians and judges accountable.
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Friday, 9 February 2007 2:09:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy