The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Questions on Aboriginal matters

Questions on Aboriginal matters

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I always like to take a longer term view in these matters and we have the movie Avatar at present where the film maker is predicting a little over 100 years till the oil runs out [and dudes are off to see the blue people to get Unobtainium].

Of course americans think only of america and talk of end of "mankind" [even in those Nat Geo docos] but that ignores the fact that a sizeable portion of population of Earth does NOT use oil/electricity whatever, and there is no reason why they will not simply live on when no oil.

Of course the poor nations WITH oil eg Iraq now and Africa next will be raped & pillaged BY america along the way, but america is not about to attack centralia for oil [but will go for our Uranium of course].

IMHO the rule is the closer you are to the earth the better your survival and our aboriginals are far better placed than white folk to simply go back to how they survived 40,000 years ago [without Newstart], especially without us here.
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Monday, 21 June 2010 11:16:07 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner
I agree the druggie and prostitute are more likely to turn to God. They are vulnerable people, it is natural from a psychological aspect. The only one being self righteous here is you in your claims that people are unable to behave well without belief in the supernatural.

There are many Christians who believe in Climate Change, it is not a religion despite you wishing to cast it into the same light, as if attributing religion to it makes it seem less worthy - quite bizarre if you think about it.

Apologies OC, I did not intend to derail your thread thus, in hindsight should have just kept my feelings to myself. Runner and I will both no doubt continue to maintain our own views, hopefully both respecting the other despite our differences.
Posted by pelican, Monday, 21 June 2010 11:20:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'the only one being self righteous here is you in your claims that people are unable to behave well without belief in the supernatural.'

No Pelican the only self righteousness here is claiming those who are good without the only Good God. You seem to be mixed up. Self righteousness stems from a belief in 'self' not God.

I acknowledge that there are believers who believe in the gw fantasy. It seems like a broad church that has deceived many. Thankfully there are believers and non believers who demand evidence that isn't corrupted and fiddled with.
Posted by runner, Monday, 21 June 2010 12:07:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I heard, that the last thing Jesus said to the aborigines was "Don't do anything until I get back..."

But honestly, isn't it about time we all took a step back and considered, maybe the aborigines have enough on their plate without being such a hot topic on the internet... You reckon you can sort out their problems, go and give them a hand instead of painting them in a bad light.
Posted by PatTheBogan, Monday, 21 June 2010 12:20:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
we DO help them in FNQ

because they take a drinks during the day [all our fault of course] by evening they are leggless and throw bricks at windows etc just to thank us for the dole that GAVE them the time & grog.

so we just adopted same Police mentality solution all sales of 4l cardboard are forbidden before 4PM [apparently they figure our black cousins are not smart enough to stock up].

they/we can buy the 5l or 2l casks but not 4l - go figure, or they can but anything in GLASS [which are good to throw] - go figure again.

so as most people live outside Mossman and come in once a week for all their shopping, incl cardboard, Mossman has turned into a ghost town until 4 PM, and nobody goes to Sat morning markets anymore.

So IMHO we ARE being totally considerate, cept to the commercial side of town, ie the ones that generate the dole
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Monday, 21 June 2010 1:22:22 PM
Occidentalchristian- the Aboriginal people of Australia do not need 'saving' by anyone.
They will deal with their own problems and don't need to be patronized by yet another Christian group.

I see you have a friend in Runner? Before you get too excited, do read over some of his previous loving past comments on this forum.
Posted by suzeonline, Monday, 21 June 2010 9:00:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy