The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Do We Own Threads?

Do We Own Threads?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Sorry Forest but you are behind the times. Capt'n Bligh found out that black cockatoo's, fruit bat's and taipans were all technically under state state government protection therefore by one interpretation of the law state government property. You can guess their fate.

The good news is that hendra virus is now so expensive that few Queenslanders can actually afford it. I think the plan is to slip a few free samples into the Blues traveling luggage tomorrow and see if the market picks up down south. Bogan's still seem to roam free but I think that's only because everywhere else has so many the market is in a bad slump, they are generally pretty harmless anyway.

Could you use one slightly use dam feasibility study? A good price to the right home.

R0bert

ps - did I manage to totally avoid the topic and will belly correct me for that?
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 15 June 2010 5:38:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
FG

I too miss the bountiful Bronwyn. Maybe she has been spirited away by rock wallabies for her to tell them tales of waterfalls, hidden caves, ochre rocks and delectable herbs...
Posted by Severin, Wednesday, 16 June 2010 12:33:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In this day and age, where gangs of hooligans and ne'er do wells roam the streets, one cannot assume ownership of anything anymore, especially after dark.

Each and every one of us has our own unique take on things, I reckon it must be more about what the perspective of an appropriate level of ownership is for the specific thread topic...
If the original poster is replying to individual posts within the thread contemporaneously to others browsing and adding their two bob at random, "ownership" in a literal interpretation could involve either enforcement of a rigid system of being directed back on topic forcefully (to use a metaphor), or an academically inquisitive approach operating in a more iterative manner.
And so it goes, being both ambivalent and subjective in such a way.
My main concern is that people will start arguing about it.
Posted by PatTheBogan, Thursday, 17 June 2010 1:22:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good one RObert no you get an award for that post wooden spoon of the week.
My blues? pleased to say Santa will be bringing a coach, selectors, heart, spirit, a pinch of QLDs will to win, and a flogging again next year in front of a crowd of ten in Sydney.
OH yes the two thugs get? how about 6 weeks and 40 lashes? can we still do that?
Ref? while a far better team would have trounced us any case ref gets glasss other than beer and linesmen? no know its my thread but you an not say that!
Posted by Belly, Friday, 18 June 2010 9:00:28 AM
Belly: >>Diverting threads is against forum rules, yet we all do it.<<

Belly to answer your question, no we do not have stewardship of our own threads, like farmers we sow the seed and watch it go.

I expect most answers to your question could be put that succinctly. More complex questions are well covered, pro and con by the first ten pages, and from that point the debate is about tangents, diversion, and personality. But there is always that mere six degrees of separation from the core thread. We have little intellectual control of our threads given we need more than one intellect for it to be a forum.

Recently in a thread started by Foxy (Positive Contributions of Muslims in Australia) the core question was answered in the odd reply. The rest of OLO was of the opinion that the premise and need to proffer that question in the first place was the question that they wanted to canvass. Poor Foxy tried to get it back on the rails while qualifying the reason for the thread, but to no avail.

Is this the sort of scenario that fits your question.
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 18 June 2010 11:42:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy