The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australian Super-profit tax to boost Canada's competitive advantage

Australian Super-profit tax to boost Canada's competitive advantage

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
I was listening to an ex head of the Mining Council on the ABC this morning saying the Tax was fair .

If we can slow down the depletion of our resources by the " GET rich Quick" mining Companies and still give them a profit, then as someone often says "It's in the national Interest "
Posted by kartiya jim, Friday, 7 May 2010 9:41:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Personally I have mining shares. I have them because they pay dividends and have an investment growth that is better I feel than property Growth. I am an Australian, I invest in Australian mining progects and thus invest in big multinational companies that are exploring Australian resources for its mining. I pay tax on the dividends I recieve from the Mining companies I have invested in. Are we all going to suffer... yet again... for another bundle from the labour parties missuse of time nd effort? i would like to know what funds Kevin Rud and Wyane Swan have their investments in, and if they sold some of shares particularly mining ones before they planed to propose this nex tax on mining?
not all investors are form overseas
not all profits go overseas
so why punish a working class Australian for investing in a company that just happenes to be a mining sector company when im going to pay tax on my dividens anyway?
Posted by chef mjp, Monday, 10 May 2010 12:33:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
chef mjp and some others,
Also have a few minining shares .
I think that the taxes should be in line with the Petroleum Industry Profit Tax .
The Super Profits Tax is about Australians getting an owners' slice of the pie .
The rich ARE getting richer on the backs of Australian Workers and Resources.
It is an oportune time to give more help to smaller companies and the less well off workers .
Good on you Kev !
Posted by kartiya jim, Monday, 10 May 2010 7:01:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy