The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What Rabbits.

What Rabbits.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Hasbeen. You say the poor old pensioner just wants to sit back and have a beer and a smoke, don't you think that's shooting the whole idea of bringing Australia (young or old) into a more healthy realm which would increase productivity and save money in the health system.

Hasbeen?

Where have you gone? And why have you not answered.
Posted by think than move, Saturday, 1 May 2010 12:17:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Smoking kills, this ex walking ash tray of 30 years ago knows that.
We tax it not just because it kills but because we, tax payers pay a great deal to look after those waiting to die.
Bazz has it right.
But in a world reluctant to give Rudd any credit, here in this measure he leads the world.
The next step, hardest one, is banning it, remember Nick Minchin said cigarette smoke is not harmful.
And know conservatives will bat for the tobacco lobby if Rudd bans it, he should or lift all bans on all drugs.
Hasbeen an illness [ you would think of it as such] is sweeping Australia, blame Rudd for it.
We are carriers of Gonareelecthim.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 1 May 2010 1:18:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TTM, I was not talking about tobaco, but if you must follow the news hounds after the red herring.

There is no idea about Oz health in this, just a desperate dill of a PM, trying to claw back a buck, to cover his stupid spending, & get another of his stuff ups off the front page.

I don't know where you get an increase in productivity from the over 70 brigade, & if you think making them healthier will save money, you are as dumb as our PM.

My mother is 99 next week. We [the tax payer] have spent more health dollars on her in the last 4 years, than in all the rest of her life. If you wanted to save health dollars, you should have spent them on buying her tobaco 25 years ago, in the hope she would have died of cancer years ago. Of course it would have been cheeper to run some council busses past her home, that should have done it.

You could start buying them for me, if you will guarantee me an earlier departure than her. Now I can no longer do it, she is in an excellent nursing home, with great physical care, but mate, I'd much rather be dead than there. So send me the smokes, if it's not too late for me to take it up now.

I do envy you your rose coloured glasses. It must be nice going through life seeing good, even in people as disgusting as Rudd, I hope for your sake, they never fall off.

My old neighbour who lives alone, with his 2 dogs, was lamenting the other day, that he was having trouble, feeding himself, & his dogs. He may have to put one down.

AS he pulled out his pouch of tobacco, he glared at it & said, "if only I could give this sH#t up", but he can't. He's tried again & again. Rudds new tax won't help him, he can't give it up, he'll just have to give up some food. Him or his dogs that is.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 1 May 2010 1:26:55 PM
Yeah he seems like a reasonable sort of a bloke, putting a dog down because he prefers the smokes. One would think, an older person with some life experience could foresee the difficulties of budgetting a dollar or so each day for dogfood, versus the CHOICE of smoking maybe ten dollars a day.

But I digress, this isnt about some selfish old doddering idiot, indeed not about the smokes either but the media... The price of smokes goes up, the packaging rules are changed. The media should simply ignore all these developments and keep going over the carbon tax issue and millenium bug or something.
Posted by PatTheBogan, Saturday, 1 May 2010 1:49:23 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
On your first post you did mention tobacco. And I did say sorry for by-passing your post. But what you have said in your last post was, as I take it, you must support The reduction in the amount of elderly and the support the overpopulation problems we have by killing them with smokes. That poor dog. Now its an animal rights issue. You do enjoying digging holes for yourself, and those coloured glasses will never come off my friend;)

Rudd is not a dud, its just the same old job no matter what side your on.

"My mother is 99 next week. We [the tax payer] have spent more health dollars on her in the last 4 years, than in all the rest of her life. If you wanted to save health dollars, you should have spent them on buying her tobacco 25 years ago, in the hope she would have died of cancer years ago. Of course it would have been cheaper to run some council buses past her home, that should have done it.

You could start buying them for me, if you will guarantee me an earlier departure than her. Now I can no longer do it, she is in an excellent nursing home, with great physical care, but mate, I'd much rather be dead than there. So send me the smokes, if it's not too late for me to take it up now."

Quote! " you could start buying them for me"

Then I would be no better than the one,s that sell it.

Maybe you would like to borrow those glasses now before its too late for you.

Hasbeen. Please read what I have wrote.

TTM
Posted by think than move, Saturday, 1 May 2010 2:41:51 PM
INMHO..............Australia is the great, is the best, and we will become The one's that will show the way. An opinion is like an ares hole, and ever-ones got one, but that does not help our spot in the world of politics's. Too fast too hard.....sometimes..........But you have the balls to see what you have, if you love Australia, and I know you do OK, its not so cool on the political fronts, but we know this, and the question is, what the fu@k are you doing. You young have the world, and a great job you are doing, dont the bullsh@t kill you too, You are Australian afterall And kick the ball we will.

Go KEV top job mate. EVO.

TTM
Posted by think than move, Saturday, 1 May 2010 8:59:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy