The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Today's Most Popular - An anomaly?

Today's Most Popular - An anomaly?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Forrest, you “provoke thought, not provoke ...” nevertheless, provocative just the same. Anyway, why this thread isn’t the most popular is most perplexing. As to your link, I’ll have a squiz.
Posted by qanda, Friday, 26 March 2010 9:28:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Forrest, I drafted 264 words for the linked topic but apparently it is an "archived discussion" and new posts "are no longer allowed". Thems da rules.

As to your query, qanda is softer on the keyboard and softer on the page (although challenging and provocative as always) ... besides, I'm just a softie at heart :)

Amusing actually, Graham thought something so benign was so sinister - threatened deletion until I informed him that Q&A deleted self prior to registering a new self, on the same URL with the new name Itshot Wot :)
Posted by qanda, Friday, 26 March 2010 10:02:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, after several days at the top of the 'Today's most popular' list, the article 'How can community democracy be strengthened in your local area?' has been pushed down to the number three spot on that list as of 6:30 AM AEDST Saturday 27 March. Here is the screenshot I know you have all been waiting for that confirms it: http://twitpic.com/1b41za

Not only has Kellie Tranter's article been pushed down in the first display (it still tops the 'This week's most popular' list), but there has been relative movement between other articles' popularity between 6:30 AM and 9:30 AM, as this screenshot shows: http://twitpic.com/1b43r5

Looks like most of Romany's students must have completed their downloads of the article, or whatever. I guess we are none the wiser as to what made this article so pop pop popular again. But it would be nice to know.

Surely somebody can come up with some other original explanation.

Could it portend the beginning of a grass-roots revolution against the over-blown aspirations of local government in Australia?

Is it, on the other hand, a 'littering-up' of Street Stewards preparatory to a membership drive for the Block Wardens Association?

What explains it all? We have to know. What's the name of the game?
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Saturday, 27 March 2010 8:58:38 AM
It seems I may have spoken too soon in the third paragraph of my previous post, if that is the real reason for 'How can community democracy be strengthened in your local area?' having become so belatedly popular.

This article has had yet another resurgence. It's top of the pops again. See: http://twitpic.com/1b6l4j

Checking back with twitpic.com at 3:40 PM, I see that the linked twitpic of my screenshot has already attracted 21 views in just 14 minutes. The very first screenshot, posted here: http://twitpic.com/1a4ib6 , has attracted only 27 views in all the time since it was posted on Monday, 22 March 2010. Clearly interest in this phenomenon is gaining momentum.

Somebody tell us all (or at least qanda and me) what is going on, please!
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Saturday, 27 March 2010 2:54:06 PM
Well, I'm stumped Forrest. Thought I'd check myself the top of the pops and all I get is this (going to The National Forum) -

"error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator. If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error."

I have absolutely no idea what is going on, and absolutely no idea which piece is the most this or that. The plot thickens hey what?
Posted by qanda, Monday, 29 March 2010 11:38:03 AM
Oh bum!
Went to "online Opinion" (7pm) scrolled down and ... you wouldn't have guessed it (except maybe Forrest) -

Kellie Tranter's "How can community democracy be strengthened in your local area?" is the most popular article this week, and 3rd most popular today!

mwahahaha :(

Please excuse me Forrest, I wouldn't have a clue how to do a screen shot.
Posted by qanda, Monday, 29 March 2010 6:12:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy