The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Big Issues

The Big Issues

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Hang on, don't blame the media, for giving the public, what they
want!

Most media websites have a "most read" section and wether it be
the BBC, Fairfax or News, if there is a tits and bums story, it
is usually at the top of the list.

So there you have it, the mind of the average net user is clearly
in the gutter :)
Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 4 March 2010 11:22:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Too true yabby. Basically, what everybody really needs and wants from the internet is titillation. It's what the internet was invented for.

Although, those popular story lists are self perpetuating too.
Posted by Houellebecq, Friday, 5 March 2010 8:10:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yabby, speak for yourself, I am not in the gutter!

Although I do expect to get there, as soon as I have climbed another 50 rungs of the ladder.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 5 March 2010 10:42:18 AM
There was a lively debate on the ABC radio morning show in WA yesterday, fueled by the likes of Bingle. A night club owner offered the opinion (when commenting on a rogues gallery on the front page of the local rag - where one was a young female). He said that young blokes have always behaved like prats, now the girls do it too. That said, I have no idea who Bingle is,nor do I care and I rarely watch TV and its the ABC if at all.
Posted by renew, Friday, 5 March 2010 11:30:57 AM
Oh! Antiseptic.
If you find out, please let me know.
Posted by phoenix94, Friday, 5 March 2010 12:28:33 PM
It's amazing really. Or Not. This chick who models for magazines, with all that make-up and air-brushing, generally looks quite ordinary at best, sometimes even quite strange. Certainly not attractive.

But in that picture, with no make up, without any stupid pouting poses, well, she looks really nice. A very attractive girl.
Posted by Houellebecq, Friday, 5 March 2010 4:06:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy