The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Need to improve Oral Health Promotion

Need to improve Oral Health Promotion

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Supertooth

Thank you for the reply and it is now possible to see where you are coming from. Mind you, some would still switch off immediately because you come across as a potential spammer.

With the greatest respect could I suggest that you consider the recipient when communicating. That and remember the KISS principle.

Solution and specific benefit for the person come first, expressed simply as if you are talking to a person in the street.

As a test, use your original post as a conversation opener at a dinner party and see how many eyes glaze over. Then try the suggested approach.

Oral health promotion is stuffed if it is conducted by dentists it would seem and that bit of learning could save millions of wasted dollars.

Dentist joke (from the Fifties if the prices are any guide):
One day, a man walks into a dentist's office and asks how much it will cost to extract wisdom teeth. "Eighty dollars," the dentist says. "That's a ridiculous amount," the man says. "Isn't there a cheaper way?" "Well," the dentist says, "if you don't use an aesthetic, I can knock the price down to $60." Looking annoyed the man says, "That's still too expensive!" "Okay," says the dentist. "If I save on anaesthesia and simply rip the teeth out with a pair of pliers, I can knock the price down to $20." "Nope," moans the man, "it's still too much." "Well," says the dentist, scratching his head, "if I let one of my students do it, I suppose I can knock the price down to $10." "Marvellous," says the man, "book my wife for next Tuesday!"
Posted by Cornflower, Saturday, 6 February 2010 10:01:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for the lesson and the joke Cornflower but tooth decay is no laughing matter with 11 million Australians developing a new cavity every year even with fluoridation and decay is the most common global disease, yet easy to prevent.

That is why we need IMPROVED ORAL HEALTH PROMOTION that targets pits and fissures in chewing surfaces where 80% of cavities occur, brushing, fluoride toothpaste and antibacterial activity cannot reach.

Supertooth, a community service project has a glass model of a fissure in a tooth that shows how food is trapped under chewing pressure and brushing cannot reach but also shows that chewing pressure can deliver sealants that block food from being trapped and changed to acid demineralisation. Also fluoride toothpaste and other remineralising agents including antibacterial agents that can greatly improve individual control over the demineralisation, remineralisation process and greatly reduce tooth decay with Improved Oral Hygiene Promotion. www.supertootndk.org
Posted by Supertooth, Sunday, 7 February 2010 8:09:38 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy