The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Big Brother REALLY is watching

Big Brother REALLY is watching

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Arjay all you need is an anti Google umbrella.
I have one here it is rather large but you will not find me on google earth.
unless you look.
third fourth or fifth power, crime prevention never frightens me.
miss use of it? maybe, but please more street corner surveillance, more arrests for stabbing /bashing/purse snatching, and more power to police.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 23 January 2010 4:38:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh God it's the end of freedom as we know it!

the sky is falling!
What's that whistling sound?

Ah yes Stevie blowing his Dog whistle again. How long have they had helicopters?
with infra red?
devices designed to listen using widow panes?
how about telephone tapping?
mini cameras?
mobile phone triangulation?
Video Cameras in the streets ?
secret services
We have fed police
How about mass communication monitoring at pine gap? etc.

In short unless you have reason to come to their attention where's the change.
About the Olympic games security? don't go there!
Leave it long enough and it'll screw up, human nature.

The real enemy is the US arrogance/insanity and DoD paranoia that feeds the military manufacturing complexes that see this extreme use of technology (arms race) as an blank cheque to make money regardless of the consequences.
Consider the mentality that marketed this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8474268.stm...christian or what?

Nationals security take their lead from the above regardless of it's need or not. Simply marketing on an international scale or steroids. "Create the want then fill it" ignore or play down the need, no profit margin for the entrenched.

Monckton's egotesticle (deliberate)Madness party (MEMP)is just such marketing exercise.
We need to fix the problem not add more layers to create marketing opportunities.

Proof positive IMO of how Feral Capitalism is eating us out of house and home.
Posted by examinator, Saturday, 23 January 2010 5:05:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
that post should be http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8474268.stm

Christian or what? was my comment, sorry
Posted by examinator, Saturday, 23 January 2010 5:10:04 PM
I don't have any problems with it either. They can look as far as they like for all I care.

Perhaps if more are caught illegally clearing, or, building a structure without a permit then maybe other will be deterred.

Bring it on, esspecially if it makes our homes and streets safer.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 23 January 2010 7:10:07 PM
That's what the corporates and the Govt's they buy like to see,nice passive little serfs ready to do their bidding.You all need to be protected from the evil terrorists so give up all your rights now so you will feel safe.There is nothing better than feeling safe and subserviant.

We could institute Obama's new presidential order,Preventative Dentention,ie even if you are suspected of being a terrorist you can be detained indefinitely without trial or access to legal council.Now that is what I call safe.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 23 January 2010 8:00:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay,

You are right of course, a lot of Australians feel more comfortable with Big Brother looking over their shoulder to protect them.

A lot of Australians like 'strong' leadership too. You know, that sort of leadership that is more controlling and directive than strong, but hey, who is going to sit down and nut that one through when as we all know, many Australians don't really like to think for themselves either.

For myself, I can see no risk, imminent threat or crisis that requires all of the security cameras I go past daily and I have never seen any evidence of benefit either. Apart from the chain store cameras that catch school kids and bored housewives shoplifting, I sincerely doubt that any of the street cameras prevent crime or result in the conviction of criminals.

I support security initiatives where there are risks to be treated, but I would like to see proof of value for money in numbers. Talking about numbers, when will be there a full audit of the effectiveness and value for money of the security initiatives introduced by the Howard government? I recall the boom in the population of the ACT at the time and as far as I am aware Rudd didn't sack any of the security advisers and consultants, so what about some numbers please?
Posted by Cornflower, Saturday, 23 January 2010 9:28:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy