The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Happenings over Norway

Happenings over Norway

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Here's one for the theorists.

I've heard everything from a missile gone wrong to the LHC burning a hole in the universe to drunk aliens heading home. Apparently the Russians confirmed a failed missile test but only the media are linking the two.

Here's that report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i5Fch6_4u0

Really, you'd HAVE to consider a rocket being the likeliest scenario but she would've HAD to have been a biggie for the spinning to cover that area of sky.

So what do we think?. Drunk aliens, a failed rocket, or the LHC at CERN?.
Posted by StG, Friday, 11 December 2009 7:25:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Its a media beatup. Sad lazy journalists parroting something they got off the overseas newswires without any thought or analysis.
In every story I have seen about it it is obvious it is a projection from the ground. You can see the trail it makes through the haze. Nothing more than an old fashioned spotlight with some sort of pattern generator.
Posted by mikk, Friday, 11 December 2009 1:47:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
StG
The BBC site covered it well
Posted by examinator, Friday, 11 December 2009 2:54:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy