The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Watch out ladies, Ruddies after your pension.

Watch out ladies, Ruddies after your pension.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Are you saying that it's suddenly Rudd's fault but also stating that "it's always been the case"?

I am helping pay for all these pensions but won't be getting one myself when the time comes.

Sometimes people make bad calls. Selling up and moving was a personal choice and apparently a good idea at the time so it's a bit late to ask for special treatment now.
Posted by wobbles, Monday, 16 November 2009 12:51:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear *HasBeen* & others effected by allegedly ill conceived SS Legislation, and further to the considerate post from *TheMissus*

At the following link:
http://www.facsia.gov.au/guides_acts/homeint.html

you will find access to the SS guide. It is a "lay" interpretation of the legislation, and whilst it does not purport to be ( and isn't) 100% accurate, it is another good place to start.

It is also what the guvment, the dept, the waste of time and money review processes of the "O.riginal D.ecision M.aker," the "A.uthorised R.eview O.fficer" and the "S.ocial S.security A.ppeals T.ribunal" also use.

It is not until the "A.dministrative A.ppeals T.ribunal" that a serious consideration of the legislation really begins.

Perhaps you'all would like to keep this one running hot over the next month or so. I'd luv to have a dig into the Act and put up my 2bob worth but I'm under the pump for the next few weeks and have to fly literally.

Part of the trick to successful political lobbying is knowing precisely what it is that you seek to give legislative change to in simple succinct terms. Perhaps we here can over time narrow down the nub of the issue to the relevant section of the law and then thrash out a new bill if appropriate.

Oh, please note that Human Rights (cough) in Australia only exist to the extent that they do not conflict with SS and Immigration legislation.

Best of Luck.
Posted by DreamOn, Monday, 16 November 2009 1:13:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Refugees are indeed covered by Internationally agreed Human Rights and Refugee conventions and our Government - as a signatory- is legally and morally bound to uphold them.

Social Security payments aren't covered by any specific "Rights" because we don't have any that apply.

Good luck taking this all the way to The Hague.

We are already better off than most comparable countries but it seems that we always need just a little bit more.

Your efforts would be better spent chasing those wealthy individuals and Corporations that avoid paying taxes and thus shifting the burden onto those that are already paying too much.
Posted by rache, Tuesday, 17 November 2009 12:39:24 AM
There would be plenty of money for all in this country if we were able to create our own credit like the USA prior 1913.Currently we have a private debt well in excess of $600 billion or $60,000.00 for every working person.Kevin will have us in public debt of $300 billion or $30,000.00 per working person.Add the interest to this and we are in the poor house.

Study the World Reserve Banks.Our currency along with the US currency has lost 96% of it's value since 1913.Our $ will only buy 4 cents worth of goods in 1913.If you counterfeit $22 million, the equal of our pop,then this is like stealing $1.00 from every person in Aust.

The banks have counterfeited 25 times the value of our currencies to create such a depreciation through their fractional reserve banking system.It is nothing more than legalised theft.That is the main reason why we are so poor even in the era of enormous technological change.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 17 November 2009 8:55:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You have made some extraordinary claims on this forum, Arjay, but this one has to be one of the most mysterious..

>>There would be plenty of money for all in this country if we were able to create our own credit like the USA prior 1913<<

1. There is "plenty of money" already, Arjay. In fact, I thought one of your key concerns is that there is too much of it sloshing about.

2. We do create our own credit. Quite a lot of it. In fact, I thought one of your key concerns is that there is too much of it sloshing about.

3. Many things have happened in the years between 1913 and now. Two world wars. 1929. Eurobonds. Computers etc. etc. What exactly is it about pre-1913 USA that attracts you to its financial architecture, and convinces you that it is possible to turn back the clock?

Or is this just another run-through of your favourite slogans?

Like this one:

>>Our currency along with the US currency has lost 96% of it's value since 1913.Our $ will only buy 4 cents worth of goods in 1913.<<

We have covered this on numerous occasions. Another way to look at the same statistic is that if you took this week's wages back to 1913, you'd live like a king.

>>The banks have counterfeited 25 times the value of our currencies to create such a depreciation through their fractional reserve banking system.It is nothing more than legalised theft<<

Another Arjay favourite. And the way to show how it does not meet the simplest reality check is to read your very next remark.

>>That is the main reason why we are so poor even in the era of enormous technological change.<<

Poor, Arjay?

I think you will find that by any measure you care to dream up, we as a nation enjoy a better standard of living than we did in 1913.

Give it a shot.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 18 November 2009 1:19:37 PM
what a coincidence

this thread in the very week I released my LOPS [Little Ozzie Pensioner System] at http://www.lopsystem.com

as you can see it works out everything a LOP needs to PLAN their retirement

as for extra work since 20 Sept 2009 the Work Bonus scheme allows a person to do that Santa Clause type job, and the LOPS even works out the EXACT amount you can earn before hitting the Income Test Threshold
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Wednesday, 18 November 2009 2:33:22 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy