The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Keeping the lid on whistleblowing?

Keeping the lid on whistleblowing?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Stg

Yes, like rape. Sometimes a malicous claim can be made. Hard to prove. But when there is so many rape cases then that argument ceases to have merit. Serial rapist headlines start to appear.

There is an urgent need for investigation. I am not involved in any police officer case or even know a police officer btw. However Far north Queensland, Ayr, Rockhamptom, Sunshine Coast all have media stories of bullying within police force. 4,000 supporters on facebook. Seems many allegations of misconduct proven wrong. There is simply too much to ignore. Yet the Chief says, ah nothing. The police media response I feel is a form of bullying and intimidation in itself.

Plus the overwhelming evidence bullying in the workplace and schools is rampant there needs to be intervention.

Otherwise we just have an apology in 40 years from the PM of the day to The Forgotten Victims of Workplace and School Bullying. Why do we keep doing this in history, wait till later to say ooops..we were bad? Why not now. Why not?
Posted by TheMissus, Sunday, 15 November 2009 5:45:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
kumajah

True.

Too true. So true.

Now we are black widows and devour our own as well, as has often been the case in history.

Money is only for the evil as usual.

The meek shall inherit the earth said God's Publisher. I don't think so!
Posted by TheMissus, Sunday, 15 November 2009 6:00:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
STG, I am with you on this one.

Niether the police force, nor the armed forces is any place for weaklings.

There are plenty of office jobs in both if they really want to wear the uniform, but, leave the 'tough stuff' to the 'tough people'.

Remember, lives are put at risk every time a 'whimp' is sent out to do a tough task. Horses for courses.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 15 November 2009 6:49:33 PM
Well no, not like rape. Malicious false claims of rape are about selfishness and vindictiveness. In the context I was talking about false allegations are more about about self preservation.

I get what you're saying though, and straight out bullies need to be dealt too by the full extent of the law. But bullies are easily dealt with. All you need is a bat and a dark carpark.
Posted by StG, Sunday, 15 November 2009 8:10:04 PM
Whistle blowers are not protected in Australia.
They are often very brave, even more often very right but they can not win.
For every true honest person ten False ones ones exist.
They may truly think they are right.
May not truly understand they are not, but still not understand the facts.
However STG told us two side of a story exist, that is more often than not the first defense of guilt.
Followed by counter claims and even lies, the public service have it down pat, police even better.
Defend you self and your mates first, blacken the informant too.
I am a refugee from a NSW government department, my union activism helped drive me out.
I saw cars in care of that department striped and stolen, by lessor men, but men in the arms and protection of those who whitewashed them and blackened me.
But time and again these storys come up, one who painted that white wash was sacked, others exist, no one will ever inform on them again.
STG, police , a honest one is worth much more than we can pay, but others exist that are as low as you can go, whistle blowers suffer like this one because good men will not listen.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 16 November 2009 3:56:43 AM
I don't disagree at all.
Posted by StG, Monday, 16 November 2009 7:09:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy