The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Apology To Forgotten Australians By The Prime Minister Kevin Rudd On 16/11/2009

Apology To Forgotten Australians By The Prime Minister Kevin Rudd On 16/11/2009

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
As Being A Forgotten Australian One Of The Many Many Many Out Their ,

I Can Only Hope That This Apology Will State The Abuses We Victims Suffered And Not Leave Out Any Details About What We Victims Suffered In These State And Territories Institutions And Orphanages And Girls And Boys Homes, State And Territories Ward Homes, Foster Homes, State Run Church Homes, Church Homes, Shelters,Out Of Home Care, And The List Goes On .

We Are The Real Victims The Goverment Have Kept Secret About For Far Too many Years , And On The 16th November 2009 The Australian History Books Will Have Us Finally Acknowledged And No More A Goverment Secret, And Will Be Australia's History Of The Uncovered Secret Of Us Victims.

And It Would Be Good To Hear Mr Rudd Say In His Speech To All Those Victims Of The Forgotten Australians. Where The Courts Have Thrown Their Cases Out Will Automatically Re Open These Cases And Give Those Victims The Right Justice And Over Turn Those Judges Dissions, Of Which Many Many Many Victims Have Been Raped By The Justice System Its Self In Protecting The The States And Territories Of Australia.

By HuffnPuff
Posted by huffnpuff, Friday, 13 November 2009 4:55:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Will It Give You Some Closure And Help You Move Forward?
Posted by StG, Saturday, 14 November 2009 2:14:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear huffnpuff (Michael),

Your day has come at last and I trust
that it will prove to be everything
that you have waited for.

Forgiveness is not always easy. At times,
it feels more painful that the wound suffered,
to forgive the ones who inflicted it.

And yet, there is no peace without forgivenss.
Attack thoughts toward others are attacks on
yourself. The first step in forgiveness is the
willingness to forgive.

May the apology that you'll be given begin the
journey for you to a deep and unshakable peace.

My thoughts will be with you on the day.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 14 November 2009 3:04:49 PM
Would it give you closure ? it would never do it for me.
Huffnpuff hurts, in every post we see that hurt.
One of how many?
How many got raped bashed abused?
How many got lent out on Sunday to pedophiles? time and again?
Yes we each should not ask that anyone forget.
Not fail to understand so very many lives have been destroyed forever.
Huffnpuff it is your day I hope you get what you want, and one day if you can will you tell some here about your horrible dreadful life in the hands of such awful people.
Thinking of you today mate
Belly
Posted by Belly, Monday, 16 November 2009 4:04:42 AM
By all means an apology is a good gesture. But, why not go a step further while the opportunity exists & apologise for ALL State & Federal Govt. injustice dished out by the Public Service past, present & future.
Posted by individual, Monday, 16 November 2009 7:07:56 AM
StG
"Will It Give You Some Closure And Help You Move Forward?"
Nothing could give full closure of the hurt of these as well as myself, one can only hope to give children of the future a better chance then all this hurt may have been for SOMETHING.
This will never be though unless they that perportrated said offences are finally prosecuted expecially those that have continued with the same proceedures while all this has been leading to these "Apologies"

What I wrote for the Indigenous "Apology"

Yes,a tear was shed
But easy wiped away
Where are those tears that were shed
Are they here today
Those tears are gone
And are of the past
Shed in falsehood they could never last
While a child yearns for his family true
Those tears were shed for nothing NEW

Michael I just hope you have a better outcome than I
All the best
From Dave
Posted by dwg, Monday, 16 November 2009 9:34:46 AM
huffnpuff,
Hope you saw my congratulations on the other thread. I am aware of the all the effort you put in to acheive this apology.

My thoughts are with you and the others today and look forward to seeing the telrcast on tonights news. I know I will be teary.

I also hope that this will open the way for some of the perpetraitors of the crimes against you can be brought before the courts.

All the best.
Posted by Banjo, Monday, 16 November 2009 9:47:30 AM
Congratulations huffnpuff.

I hope the apology is everything you are after.

I agree with Belly though, I don't know what an apology from KRudd would really do for me. What would do something, and perhaps even for huff, is some scrilla. Something to help make his life more fulfilling given the handicaps and emotional problems that no doubt hamper his life due to the state sanctioned torture and abuse.

I suppose I just don't think you can apologise for something someone else did. But if it genuinely helps people like huff good luck to them.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 16 November 2009 9:59:18 AM
Dear huffnpuff,

I want to say I'm glad my prime minister is saying sorry on behalf of the rest of the nation to you and the rest of the 'Forgotten Australians'.

He is saying sorry on my behalf as an Australian who didn't care enough to act.

I was aware of the rumours about the abuse inflicted on children at Saint Augustine Orphanage in Geelong both by Christian Brothers and other residents in the late 70s. It was common knowledge at the high school I was attending at the time.

I am sorry that I didn't have the courage to rise above the low school yard humour and seek to stop what was happening.

I'm sorry that my community of whom a sizable chunk would have been aware of the same stories coming from that institution also chose not to act.

I'm sorry that many of the abusers have escaped justice.

I'm sorry for the way myself and my fellow students regarded and treated those who were unfortunate enough to be in that institution.

Because I am unable to personally apologise to those individuals I am grateful that Kevin Rudd and Malcolm Turnbull have done so on my behalf.

Sorry.
Posted by csteele, Monday, 16 November 2009 9:17:58 PM
What One Emotional Day For All Of Us Forgotten Australians And Not Only For Myself ,

Today At Canberra Is One I Will Not Forget And Will Remember,

Banjo I Seen Your Post And I Thank You For All Of Them that You Have Wrote As You As well Belly And Foxy And DWG, And To all others out their who have ever doubted us victims,

Or i For brining this to this forum, under great difficulty ,if it where not for foxy starting my first ever thread about us victims, thank you foxy,

as graham did not want my ever very first typing and i didn't know how to work a computor , their is not just me their is many many many of us,

And Can Only Hope Those Who Come To This Web Site Read About Us And see We Were real People Telling The Real Truth

as for closure no their is none of that not until the state of new south wales and that of other states and territories,

charge thoughs who did these crimes against us even if they have past away, their death certificate be stamped with the word guilty on them for these crimes , and for those who are still alive for the states and territories to re open the cases of the victims they covered up about us , and to those of us who and what those institutions are who destroyed our truth of proving our cases of which they addmitt to destroying,

thats when i will get closure , until then i can only hope justice will be done by the law,and does not push the victims over the edge """ like myself,

the apology to me was a thing good to hear but has not given me justice,

when i get justice that is when i will finally have closure and will be heald , the apology is a start from the goverment but not the full answer, Justice Is

take care everyone,

we will no longer be forgotten
huffnpuff
Posted by huffnpuff, Monday, 16 November 2009 11:19:13 PM
Huffnpuff, I've just stopped by temporarily to acknowledge you and all of you who suffered immensely under institutionalized 'care'.

You have shown great courage here on OLO in pushing to get justice, and you've done it whilst struggling to cope with the vagaries of these things called computers! And you've done it well. Very well.

My heartfelt respects to you Huffnpuff. I am so very deeply sorry for your suffering, and for all of those who suffered as you did.

I retain without apology, an almost obsessive hatred of the evil swine who plied their twisted depravity on innocent children. If there is a hell;-I hope they burn there.

All the best Huffnpuff. 'Apologise' is just a word, but that word is the symbol of acknowledgment,-of recognition of enduring suffering. I hope that today (yesterday!) has given you some small comfort.

Take care mate. Be good to yourself.
Posted by Ginx, Tuesday, 17 November 2009 12:05:36 AM
Dear huffnpuff (Michael),

Congratulations - the day that you worked for
all these years, finally arrived on Monday,
the 16/11/2009. My thoughts and prayers were
with you as I watched the apology on TV.
As the cameras scanned the many faces in the
audience, I couldn't help thinking - "which
one is Michael?"

I sincerely hope that this will bring some
comfort to you and to so many others.

You've been an inspiration to us on OLO Michael,
and from the bottom of my heart - I wish you
and your family all that is good and beautiful
in life. May the path of your life's journey
from now on be an easier one for you all.

Take care - and All The Best.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 18 November 2009 1:05:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy