The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Insideous Graham Young?

Insideous Graham Young?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Those of us who have been around a bit longer than others have said we do not find the site biased.
I too am welded on Labor and trade unionist.
Will be until I die, proudly.
Now it is a good time to be both, forget NSW that dead beast is beyond help.
But union membership is growing, Labor under extreme pressure is way out in front.
Bias? do you see my gloating posts being taken down?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 9 November 2009 8:57:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I really appreciate this site.

I have written several articles for onlineopinion. One was rejected by Susan, but the grounds for rejection were reasonable.

I have been an editor myself. It is perfectly reasonable for an editor to reject either articles or discussion threads. Having seen the variety of opinions presented I doubt that they were rejected because of their opinions.

Graham Y has been forthcoming with his background. I am generally in favour of the Labor position in regards to social justice, the Greens position in regards to the environment and the Liberal position in regard to free expression.

In regard to OLO the last position is necessary to allow views on the other issues, and I think Susan and Graham have done a good job in that area.
Posted by david f, Monday, 9 November 2009 10:27:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I too appreciate OLO. I do not detect bias. Sometimes the signal to noise ratio goes astray but it does that at virtually blog/opinion.

I have no opinion about people's religion or politics, but it's nice hear that Graham puts fingers to the keyboard on Sundays!
Posted by renew, Monday, 9 November 2009 10:48:50 AM
I agree that the moderator has to much say.
Without being tested, i am not allowed to post a new topic about the amount of off site material being used on an opinion.
Whose opinion is it.
Posted by Desmond, Monday, 9 November 2009 6:43:59 PM
On average,Graham is reasonably even handed.He has been accused of being both left and right in his bias.In the real world of survival,you have to weigh up short term political expedience against long term survival.

It is about surviving the BS to reveal the truth.Many have been corrupted in the process,as revealed by the decadence of the West.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 9 November 2009 8:18:43 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
INSIDIOUS IS THE usual spelling but the meaning is obviously sly and cunning. This is how you describe someone you don't like.But if you are on their side of an issue, you might describe the identical behavour as clever and capable and experienced and altruistic.Never met him but I'm sure he's all of that.
Posted by DIPLOMAN, Tuesday, 10 November 2009 11:29:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy