The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 2050 - Population 35m (+60%), emmissions - 20% . Is there any viable solution that excludes nuclear?

2050 - Population 35m (+60%), emmissions - 20% . Is there any viable solution that excludes nuclear?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
King Hazza,

I was specifically talking about home installations.

A 1 sqm 130W panel is about $1000 excl delivery, installation, inverters, etc. For 1kW you need 8 plus the grid connection inverter which will take you to $11 000 before you even start to install.

My costing still stands. By the rubbish you post, I would guess that either you have not installed solar power, or have no idea how little it contributes.

Do a cost benefit analysis, you might surprise yourself.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 4 November 2009 7:53:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My family are actually in the process of doing a cost-benefit analysis for solar installation. Our electricity bill is over a thousand bucks every couple of months and rising- despite our rather modest (and shrinking) use of electricity. Initial estimates suggest we may pay off the cost of energy in only a couple of years in cut bills.

But I will get back to you on that, all the same.
Posted by King Hazza, Wednesday, 4 November 2009 3:28:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy