The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gordon Nuttall guilty of corruption. Political parties innocent!

Gordon Nuttall guilty of corruption. Political parties innocent!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Under belly,

When I phoned the car agency, I asked for references, several were state based. The fact that JG is Rudd's mate and seems to have been getting lucrative contracts incl a chinese agency and labor's predeliction for favours for mates led me to believe that there is more going on.

If you think that there is nothing going on I cannot prove otherwise, but I believe that unlike Nuttal they have not yet been caught.

PS

I am still waiting for anyone to show where the libs have been anywhere near as corrupt as labor.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 19 July 2009 7:00:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow Minister thank you, for the answer, I am tempted to not say I truly think it is as false as your claim.
But it is.
Now underbelly? I think even you must at times be concerned at the quality of some posters product here.
Mine at times too.
But a group exists who are unable to talk, debate, contribute, without malice and name calling.
You earn membership by insulting my father , Bell is ,well was his name and mine, needless, and a sign your ability to talk things through is coming up short.
I left the thread, see I can not agree with most of the last few pages, have no doubt Nutal is in the place he belongs.
And I do you know, true think you are indeed a shadow minister, we see Bill Shorten and Future leader of your party Hockey posting here[two men from our future]
I in even a glance see the same unfocused waste in you that your party shows every day.
My spelling is bad, my education worse, yet I learn something new every day.
Watch ,learn, the ALP has evolved it continues to do so, the legions of mythical battlers no longer exist.
Labor like its voters have ambitions, it will take more than blatant lies, more than fear tactics to unseat us.
Surely you know your party is about to back down? that in the next few months they must or be defeated in the worst way?
It mate is time, right now, to start rebuilding your party, to look a Sir Robert Menzies again, to look at the total lack of direction of your hopeless leadership.
Look at Pyne please look at him, your deputy leader she and poor silly Bronwin, so many more.
Yes look before the train wreck, put some young new direction new ideas into the house.
Hope, gee mate I hope your skeletons from AWB and so very much more Do not give GORDON NUTAL COMPANY.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 19 July 2009 4:07:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

In the news today:
http://www.smh.com.au/environment/minister-in-hot-water-again-over-mining-grant-20090719-dpkz.html
http://www.smh.com.au/national/premier-overruled-budget-advice-20090719-dpkt.html

Two more instances of favours for mates and deliberately misleading the public.

As for the unions which are the feeders for the ALP:
http://www.streetcorner.com.au/news/showPost.cfm?bid=9932&mycomm=WC

Is there any wonder that when evidence of ALP corruption pops up the reaction from many in the public is: "not again" rather than maybe this is not true.

Until the ALP can show honest leadership, Don Rudd and his cronies will be viewed with suspicion.

PS I am not a member of any party nor do I exclusively support the liberals, though I find them the lesser of two evils.

As you stated you were a unionist, I thought I would pull your leg with the pun under belly. It looks as though I maybe came a little too close to the bone.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 20 July 2009 7:52:49 AM
The editorial in the Courier Mail of 18-19 July starts;

‘Gordon Nuttall’s ignominious demise demonstrates that Queensland’s criminal investigation and justice system does work.’

What an enormous load of bollocks!!

The system has brought down one man that didn’t exactly keep his activities tightly secret. How many really unscrupulous politicians are out there, who can hide their activities more effectively? We’ve got no idea.

The system found Nuttall guilty, even though ill-intent could not be proven or even shown beyond a reasonable doubt. The onus of proof, which is supposed to be the cornerstone of our legal system, was reversed, so that his defence team virtually had to prove that he was innocent. That was a major travesty of justice.

Even though there are a number of dubious points about this case, which should have at least mitigated his punishment, he still copped the maximum sentence.

The Chief Judge seems to be living on a different planet to those of us with logical minds, as per comments in my last substantial post.

It made no sense for Talbot and Shand to enter into this arrangement if they thought that there was any chance of it being seen as illegal.

By all indications, right to the end of the trial, Nuttall, his family and defence team, thought that he had not done anything manifestly wrong and that he would get off.

continued
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 20 July 2009 10:10:11 AM
What sort of a system have we got when one person, who has not done anything manifestly wrong, but rather, has undertaken activities along the margins of legality, gets crucified and held up as an example, while the culture that facilitated this behaviour continues?

And the culture does continue, undamaged! The obscene relationship between big business and government, that is most blatant in governments’ receipt of big donations, is untouched. The opportunities for ex-politicians to move into lucrative business positions remain high, if they made favourable decisions while in office.

There remains an enormous grey area around integrity, conflict of interest and disclosure. Anyone who undertakes activities within that grey area should NOT be crucified for it.

So NO, the bloody system is not working. In fact, not only is it not working, but by concentrating on fringe issues such as the likes of Nuttall, it is actually serving to entrench the worst aspects of the culture of cosy relations, especially the donations regime and the consequent nothing’s for nothing, scratch-my-back-and-I’ll-scratch-yours relationship between big business and government.

‘The Queensland of today is one with far tougher laws [than before the Fitzgerald Inquiry], more stringent disclosure requirements for politicians and a well-equipped and independent anti-corruption watchdog in the form of the Crime and Misconduct Commission.

Yes, but there is still a lot of grey in the whole business. And gravely, it has sidestepped the awful donations favour-buying bribery regime and thus made the worst aspect of this whole horrible cosy culture appear to be ethical and legitimate.
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 20 July 2009 10:13:47 AM
You will notice shadow minister I do not state what union I am from.
Hints maybe but I am unable to say openly what one.
Why.
Well my passion and pride is not freedom to speak about the union I first bought a mans full ticket in at age 15 can not have every one talking for it.
Yes we like every union, every business had our bad eggs.
proud forever we remove them ASAP
That is life Church's have pedophiles, banks have fraudsters, doctors offend sexually, life is not black and white.
I look to better unionism, in fact am proud to be alive to see the green shoots of it right now.
You will never believe it but I am welcome in some very high bosses offices and trusted.
My Honor is not for sale.
you did not get close to my bone I am proud of my honesty proud to be far away from your political biases.
You can never hide, your one sided bias is blind to truth, feeds on fear miss truth , bias so very close to bigotry, you refuse totally to see both sides of an issue.
My greatest pride after knowing my members trust me, like me, is knowing most bosses do too, knowing understanding both sides issues is building a better union .
unions like political party's, there indeed is difference.
It is not just luck that you find me on the right side of both, proudly as far away from you as I can get.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 21 July 2009 5:31:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy