The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Patronising popes and saints

Patronising popes and saints

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Benzene might be a pollutant, but CO2 isn't. Lots of toxic and non-toxic substances will give off CO2 when they burn but that doesn't make the CO2, which is an essential part of the biota, a pollutant, just a byproduct of combustion.

The only reason I come back is because you put this nonsense up. Some poor soul might get sucked in bedazzled by all the links that you can find.

And if you're going to rely on membership of a government committee as a basis for why we should believe you, then you should put your real name and the name of that committee in your posts, otherwise the claim is just an assertion.

If you don't want to do that, then don't advance your supposed membership as proof of your credibility.

Can you start this other thread and stop destroying this one?
Posted by GrahamY, Wednesday, 22 July 2009 1:34:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Graham my credibility is not important since I am merely the messenger.

Where I have provided scientific papers as proof of my argument, you have not. Where I have provided documented information on industrial polluters, you have not.

I believe you're on the losers' side and it's the Greenhouse Mafia who wear the leper's bell.

Auf Wiedersehen
Posted by Protagoras, Wednesday, 22 July 2009 2:31:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But all your scientific papers are not on point or contradict the point you say you are making. It would be just as useful for the discussion if you just sent me the link to a library catalogue.

Facts don't need to be referenced to be correct. And the facts I am referring to are in every basic chemistry text book. There is nothing contentious about saying CO2 is not a pollutant. It is the orthodoxy.

When I did science I was taught to rely on principles, not papers. You work out what is happening from first principles, not because someone said it was so. It was only when I got into the humanities that I encountered this bizarre form of argument that because X said it, it must be so.
Posted by GrahamY, Wednesday, 22 July 2009 3:02:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"There is nothing contentious about saying CO2 is not a pollutant. It is the orthodoxy."

Dear how silly of me. "Orthodxy" eh? Yeah Ok and wasn't that Darwin bloke a dill? And what do you think of that supernatural deity hanging in space somewhere whose devotees claim he invented the planet?

Hey howzabout sharing a Benson and Hedges with me - there's a good fella.
Posted by Protagoras, Wednesday, 22 July 2009 5:03:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Protagoras,

Perhaps you could just point us in the direction of the legislation which renders the emission of CO2 illegal. That is what it all comes down to - GrahamY said it wasn't illegal, you said it was and then launched on this latest tirade. I am interested in seeing that point backed up.
Posted by Otokonoko, Saturday, 25 July 2009 9:07:07 PM
"latest tirade" Otokonoko?

Sir - I spend a good deal of my valuable time dealing with the gaseous emissions of corporate polluters who breach their conditions of licence.

Having to endure the excessive gaseous emissions from a corporate shill, would be beyond the call of duty.
Posted by Protagoras, Sunday, 26 July 2009 12:22:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy