The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > New Australia Party

New Australia Party

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All
You're just supposed to read the headlines, kulu, not the policies.

>>I think they are living in cloudcuckooland if they are going to do this with a maximum tax rate of only 30%<<

Their fiscal ideas (they can't really be called policies) seem to be straight from the school of daydreamers too.

Altogether a truly comprehensive wishlist of right-on, PC, utopian, motherhood statements of how we ought to live, if only we were not human beings.

Hey, it's always good to believe that life could be idyllic, if only everyone worked selflessly and sacrificially towards the same golden principles.

But simply observe how we vote each time we are forced to the polls.

We respond instinctively to our entirely selfish responses to the bribes we are offered at election time. Real political parties know and understand this.

Unfortunately, Pollyanna has no place in politics.

And I mean that most sincerely.

Good luck with the dream anyway. You'll probably attract some really nice people.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 5 June 2009 7:17:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We need a new political party about as much as we need a hole in the middle of our forehead. Political Parties, are a menace. The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights would make them obsolete, as anyone at all would have an equal right to influence the direction of government. On an article post and elsewhere, on human rights, I have pointed out that it was made a law, but the public service will not let the will of Parliament be carried out.

It time, was a popular cry in 1972. Its time the Commonwealth acted responsibly, and restored full political power to the people most affected, you and me. You are paying an enormous amount in taxes, to support three huge bureaucracies, one State, one Local Government and one Federal, when their power would be curbed along with their numbers, if you were given back full voting rights, as guaranteed by the Covenant.

Currently you get one vote every three years or so for all three bureaucracies. You are getting seriously screwed by all three. If you insist on your rights under the Covenant, and the Commonwealth is fair dinkum, it will declare the Covenant was made law in 1986, and from this day on, the current restrictions on your exercise of your political rights, in the Federal Court and High Court are abolished. Any member of Parliament in Canberra can suspend the workings of the Parliament, if he raises an issue of contempt or privilege.

This is the Power of One. How one member, can stand like Horatio at the Bridge, and refuse to allow the Parliament to proceed, unless it publicly explains why its deliberations are of no consequence. The Standing Orders of both Houses have this provision. If Nick, or Steve, or Barnaby, a couple of Bob’s in the Representatives, want to do something meaningful, all they have to do is raise a matter of contempt of Parliament.

They would only have to raise contempt, against one Judge, over the failure to apply the Covenant, and Judges will wither like snow in the springtime
Posted by Peter the Believer, Friday, 5 June 2009 7:17:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
i once formed THE ANTI PARTY PARTY..[where each party member is required to vote according to their conscience..[not the party line

[where each member is responsable for their own decisions and own supper]..where each party member is held to account for the forces they unleash to the public service[where the one party policy includes getting back controle is issueing OUR OWN MONEY

with the right to have govt create our own money comes the cancellation of all taxes on wages...comes the right for govt to spend their own money on creating that big buisness wont touch[like a free public tranport system[based on free energy and light rail]...

who has the first adgenda to grow food...to feed the world..[not cotton..[not rice in deserts]...but such is the way of dreams..[clearly the issue of preferances reveals this is yet another family foirst front party for the libs/nationals

[what i would like to see is a liberal/labour party][the party you have when your sick of those party types partying on with our money[or worse funding bankers with ursury and the peoples assets out to multinationals and lying to the people about things like the real rate of inflation..

[include all the numbers..[dont exclude houses/petrol etc..and the real rate of em-ploy-ment..[two hours paid work is not fulltime work]..index basic wages...tax the elites getting bonus scemes..[persue white colour crime..[not police kids for drugs..[let docter perscribe them all[not sell us govt subsidised drugs

exclude the real wealthy from all welfare,not just lock up massive areas of land but value add to it..[and that dont mean grow pine[grow food first]..

give all people a share in the common weal..[return law to where the victim gets justice..not govt gets a punitive fiat dollars as revenue..[where govt taxes income[gain]..not wages
Posted by one under god, Friday, 5 June 2009 9:20:17 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I will look at the website, but I don't really think that we need any more political parties. The party system is the whole problem with politics - people getting together soon sees them more interested in the party than the people they say they are representing.

Vote for independents.
Posted by Leigh, Friday, 5 June 2009 10:31:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wow, it's almost unbelievable, untill you think of it's origan, & wonder where the fairies from the bottom of the garden got to.

Hope you have some long ladders, to get to all those pies in the sky. At least all those living in those cheep, high rise ghettoes in the sky, [like the ones in the UK, that are no go areas for the cops], will be closer to those pies.

They will need to be able to get to those pies, when the dream time power policy turns off the power to their lifts, & everything else, you need in the ghetto.

Of course, we won't have lasted long enough to have built many, with that defence policy.

That sub idea is just as good as KRuds similar idea. We can't get enough people to crew more than 3 of what we've got, now, even with 50% higher pay for submariners, than surface sailors. Most people don't like them.

Its bl@@dy sure you wouldn't get many takers, when they are manned, [or womaned these days] by two year contract crew. It taks 3 or 4 years just to learn how these things work, let alone keep them going when the stuff hits the fan.

The same goes for flying those russian jets, with the same maintenance type people. When I flew in the navy, the aircraft were pretty rough, but our blokes knew how to keep the important things going.

Do any of these twits realise these things are not like cars, [or busses, their chosen transport], you can't just put the hand brake on, & call the RACQ, when they stop, mid air, or ocean.

Hear you are, I'll give you a policy that would fix the defence force. All politicians, after their first term, & before they can stand again, have to serve the same time in the defence force, in the most junior rank. Through recruit school, & with at least one deployment.

We would soon have a defence force, people wanted to join, or no parliamentarians. Either would be an improvement.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 5 June 2009 11:12:30 AM
“What do you say Ludwig? Do not you see that its preferences go to coalition?”

No I don’t Antonios. Why do you say this? Can you explain a little more why you think so poorly of this new party. Why do you think that it is a “trojan horse”?

One of the fundamental things that this new party needs to advocate is electoral reform, especially the abolition of the compulsory preferential voting system from Australian politics, which is currently used at the Federal level and in all states except NSW and QLD.

This should be replaced with the optional preferential system, in use in these two states. Under this system, the voter has control over his/her preferences or can choose to allocate no preferences. Under the other system, your vote can very easily end up counting for a party/candidate that you don’t want it to count for or even that you are specifically voting against!! Yes, that’s how extraordinarily corrupt and antidemocratic it is! (Apologies to those that have read these comments from me previously – I’ve only repeated them on this forum about thirteen million times!!)

NewAustralia needs to jump on this issue…..and on the issue of political donations, that so gravely beholden governments to the wishes of the big, rich and powerful end of town.

Oh, and I almost forgot; the bottom line of the new party surely needs to be to implement policies that direct us quickly towards becoming a SUSTAINABLE SOCIETY!

As a fundamental part of this, their economic policy needs to be be geared towards a shift away from our bizarre system based on never-ending expansion to one that is essentially a dynamic stready-state economic model. Currently, there appears to be nothing suggesting this sort of shift on the NewAustralia website.
Posted by Ludwig, Friday, 5 June 2009 1:48:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy