The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bibles banned in church

Bibles banned in church

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
"And God spoke all these words, saying: 'I am the LORD your God…

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

Those are the first two commandments. Since the god of Islam and the god of Christianity are both the same, the Jewish god, I fail to see what people have to complain about. As for No2, Islam is the only religion currently trying to follow it, so crosses at.al. would be offensive by definition, and since it's their gods' chapel too, putting such stuff away for them is merely courteous, surely?
While I am disgusted with the reporting in the media, I do not feel that we should allow a different culture to bring all its traditions here, only those that WE find acceptable, just as you would expect of a new member of your household, writ large.
Posted by Maximillion, Thursday, 9 April 2009 11:37:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a beat-up. It's not a church, it's a chapel in a public hospital. Bibles haven't been banned from it - rather it has been opened for the use of all religions, which means they all have to remove their peculiar religious objects from it after use.

Sounds likely a timely and sensible policy update to me, given that there are bound to be many patients these days who adhere to religions other than Christianity.

And this is just another TRUTHNOW78 troll.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Friday, 10 April 2009 7:26:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thankyou Foxy,

By your comment you have shown how to douse a firestorm of ridiculous indignation with the simple use of logic.

Blessed are the peacemakers! Matthew 5:9

Well done!
Posted by Opinionated2, Friday, 10 April 2009 10:19:24 PM
I am sure that God must laugh at any attempts to minimize or marginalize His word. It will remain a lot longer than any of us and God is well big enough to make that happen. Some Bureaucrat might think they are having some sort of a victory but any attempt to remove God's Word from public viewing is really pitifull.
Posted by runner, Friday, 10 April 2009 11:21:00 PM
Twenty or so years ago the Royal North Shore hospital, Sydney, was rightly known as the pinacle of care and treatment. I can attest to this as I was a frequent visitor, some times daily, and all day, for weeks at a time.

Not so now and we might ask why? The bureaucrats have taken over the running of hospitals from the local Boards. Similar decissions are being made everywhere.

I have been dismayed of recent times to hear of patients not receiving proper treatment or attention. A young girl dying from a head injury because of improper treatment and a woman having a miscarriage in a toilet, from lack of attention.

A year or so ago,it was announced that the 'Rotary Lodge' would be demolished to make room for another building. This 'Lodge' had motel type rooms for relatives of in patients, who needed to be nearby. Many country, interstate and overseas people used this and there are no plans to replace the facility. It was built by a local Rotary Club.

I am no way religious, but did use the chapel as a quiet place to sit, pause and reflect at times of stress. I could not help but admire the decor of the interior and now this will be lost.

This removal of religious artifacts will be the forerunner of demolition as the building looses its significance.

I agree with Keysar Trad as Islam is already provided for in the same building. The best suggestion so far has been for the inclusion of the symbols of other faiths in the chapel. This would further enhance the beautifull interior.

It is bureaucracy gone mad. No complaints were received and the decission was made in case someone was to be offended.For those that say it is insignificant, I suggest you look at what the bureaucrats have and are doing to the health system everywhere.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 11 April 2009 10:30:51 PM
That's classic, KMB.

>>Just a friendly warning to you that your whack-a-mozzie reference could get you stung.<<

That would be an interesting turn of events, indeed.

I guess you wouldn't mind me using your posts as a point of reference?

>>This is the Islamification process aided and abetted by multicultural dhimmies. Islam has always sought to bring non-Muslims to submission. That's what Islam means: submission... The problem... can only increase as more followers of the Prophet move from Dar al-Islam to Dar al-Harb, their demands increase and dhimmies submit to those demands.<<

It would certainly make for an interesting juxtaposition: your inciting fear and loathing of Islam, and my describing these antics as "whack-a-mozzie". I wonder who would be adjudged the more harmful, by a "Human Rights Commission"?

Incidentally...

>>Unfortunately there are many useful idiots with no understanding of history who are guided by misconceived notions of egalitarianism.
They should go live in Saudi Arabia or Iran or Afghanistan for a while and see how successful they are in convincing the local Imams into time-sharing their mosques with their local Jews and Christians.<<

So tell me, where would you prefer to live?

In a country that does not insist that you follow a particular religion, or one that does? One that does not persecute you for your religious beliefs, or one that does? And if you prefer it here, why would you want to import those customs that you dislike?

Your fear of Islam seems to inform many of your views.

What on earth is wrong with reserving seats in the cinema for the use of women only? I can remember when British Rail allocated complete compartments for the same purpose, and no-one complained. Of course, they called them "Ladies" rather than "Women", but the result was the same.

>>This has all been brought about in the name of tolerance, inclusion and diversity. Not to mention capitulation to Islamic demands/threats.<<

In my world, the first sentence says it all. In yours, it's the second.

For you, it's all about fear and loathing, isn't it?
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 13 April 2009 5:21:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy