The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Conspiracy theory

Conspiracy theory

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Exxy, I wasn't disagreeing with Foxy, and she does indeed make a valid point, just as I think you have answered my q well, thankyou, you've more or less agreed with me, I think?
Posted by Maximillion, Wednesday, 25 March 2009 11:52:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Posted by Maximillion, Wednesday, 25 March 2009 9:34:00 AM, in response to Arjay's succinct and penetrative observation earlier:

"... that one died with the birth of the Internet, no lie is big enough anymore."

Maximillion is beginning to answer his own question. An implication of 'no lie being big enough any more' is that the prospect of a person, or persons, becoming cognisant of something 'not adding up' in respect to the 'received wisdom' in which any lie may be dressed, is magnified. It is natural that observant and thoughtful persons theorise in order to make sense out of the available evidence, especially where inconsistencies can be seen in 'official' explanations relating to the same evidence or the event to which it is linked. The internet, through fora such as OLO, has enabled such persons as never before in history: 'editorial lines' are now much more difficult to impose in order to 'kill stories'.

Of course, the internet has in the process equally enabled the bigoted, the uneducated, those with an already set agenda, to also 'theorise' upon the inconsistencies (that have generally been discovered by others) and evidence (again generally discovered by others), and especially so if they can see in so theorising a way to advance their own causes. Such are often distinguished by the absence of references or links, and the presence of assertions, in their posts. They have to be accepted as the freeloading static-generators that they are, part of the price for greater transparency, or disclosure of impropriety, that this new (<20 year old) forum potentially provides.

Divorce Doctor pretty much nailed the connotation of the term 'conspiracy theory' in his post of Tuesday, 24 March 2009 1:23:47 at PM with this:

"... to put [it] in modern terms Politically Correct people (used to be called I'm all right Jack) have their greatest fear that they might be forced to THINK, and God Forbid, DO something about it. They use the derogatory term CT ..... to simply 'get with the strength' ....."

The thread is indeed getting interesting.

Closer to home, perhaps?
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Wednesday, 25 March 2009 4:49:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I want you all to go to youtube and view the multitude of video and commentary on the destruction of building 7 during 9/11.Building 7 housed both the CIA and FBI offices.The small buildings directly below the towers only partially collapsed,while building 7 well away from the towers went down like a classic controlled implosion.

Building 7 was not included in the official enquiry.Experts have no other explanation other than controlled demolition.Who did it and why?
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 25 March 2009 5:39:10 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Forrest
Let me know when you get back your last post sounds like me after the second bottle of wine. Can you rewrite what you said more sucinctly as it seem turgid to me. Sorry

Max
I didn't say you disagreed with foxy merely acknoweldged her point.
I agree in essence we agree.
Posted by examinator, Wednesday, 25 March 2009 6:39:22 PM
Man made global warming seems to be the most popular conspiracy theory of late. It is a faith based theory that many have cashed in on. The gullible claim the science is settled and happily label disbelievers who demand scientific proof as denialist. It has the gullible full of fear and 'righteous' indignation. With so many swallowing the hopelessly flawed evolution myths it is no wonder people swallow this theory with little questioning. Funny but very sad.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 25 March 2009 6:57:43 PM
any discussion on this Weasel Word expression of CT MUST interface into Rumsfeld dribble - but just WHERE does it slot in

Here is Donald:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

Is a CT an unknown unknown or higher up the food chain

So "please explain", you PC Droogs that invented/use/abuse the term CT.

Like Donald it is "always interesting to me" to delve into just how our NGOs milk so many billions from the public purse, for so little return to society

guess that is a CT, huh?
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Wednesday, 25 March 2009 7:59:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy