The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > G20 Blab fest

G20 Blab fest

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
The police did the 'free' world a huge disservice at the recent G20 blab fest. Instead of belting the protestors, the police should have barricaded the G20 members IN the venue and not let them out until they reached a consensus on fixing the worlds ills. No food, water, or outside communication until until they all agree.
Posted by aspro, Wednesday, 22 November 2006 1:50:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The ironic thing about many of the protestors is that they are so predictable and so good at alienating everyday people with violent behavior that they are one of the best advertisements on the planet for globalisation. Great work people!
Posted by matt@righthinker.com, Wednesday, 22 November 2006 2:32:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Unfortunately I think I agree with you Matt!
Posted by freeranger, Wednesday, 22 November 2006 5:54:33 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ASPRO not a bad thought :)

I would like them to agree on the removal of farm subsidies in Europe and USA, but the old black hand of vested interest is a slippery one.

Rapp it on the knuckles here and it pops up there again.

Most of the comments on YOUTUBE about the protest have been very aggressivly negative, including mine. The short summary of the violent protesters was 'pack of morons'.

I suggested to any who wished to break the law near me, that they would reap what they sowed and a citizens arrest is not out of the question.

Yelling at rich people to 'give it all away to the poor' is not exactly likely to move them to compassion, more likely to token damage control.

The protesters would have been more appropriate if they rampaged around the CHINESE consulate and railed against slave labor rates which CAUSE the 'greedy multinationals' to locate there and export our jobs.

In my view, the protest attacked the symptom rather than the cause.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 22 November 2006 9:02:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I watched the protest on television and the thing that struck me was the MUslim priest up there on his soop box joining in with the protestors.

I thought if those protestors want to change poverty in the world they might be better protesting against the muslim priest and religious leaders like him in some of these countries who insist that the women keep having children until there's standing room only to prop up the power base of their churches.

I think it might be a good idea to lock him and some of the other religious leaders up in the same room as the corporate leaders and take them to task for the part they all play in world poverty.
Posted by sharkfin, Wednesday, 22 November 2006 11:44:37 PM
Sharky
you noted one very important feature of the "Left" .. (the radicals) they are in total cahoots with Muslims. Each can see that cooperation will bring benefits. But, its like the 2 crimo's who go after a buried treasure, when they get the gold, one kills the other.

The left by its spots on a leapoard predictability always latches onto ANY issue of social grievance and seeks to exploit this in its own propoganda interests.. mainly in raising its profile and 'appearing' to be supporting the oppressed and marginalized.

Just imagine if say only 5% of Australians were homosexuals, and of these, lets say 1% were prepared to fight for the society they want, and the Left was able to marshal them into an effective fighting force, that would be...100,000 people... many times bigger than our standing defense forces.

Now we can see why the Communists always said they didn't need more than 10% of a population to support them for the "Revolution" to succeed.

I draw your attention to the events in Tonga, where Che Guivera posters were held high among the protesters.

Failure to act against these mobs, will result in them growing and this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpMTMisC19Q
cheers.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 24 November 2006 12:03:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy