The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Human Rights- do they discriminate?

Human Rights- do they discriminate?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Polycarp,

Why don't you wait and see, you may not
get that email.

Calling someone an idiot, is allowed, I would
have thought. There's been worse labelling
on OLO, by so many people. If everyone was
banned - they'd lose so many subscribers.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 18 January 2009 7:29:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BOAZ_David,

You ask: "Is it not discrimination for the Baker to withold that decoration service simply because they don't personally like it?" It is discrimination, but on the facts of the case, it is not unlawful discrimination.

Nor would it unlawful discrimination for the baker to refuse to put 'Jesus sux' or draw a penis on the customer's cake.

It's as simple as that and no amount of misrepresentation of human rights or equal opportunity or anti-discrimination law will change the fact. Not even if you morph back into your alter ego, Polycarp.
Posted by Spikey, Sunday, 18 January 2009 10:01:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Human right is right in which man can live without any abjection .they can live independent.they can put his right above the government such as their right. Many violations of human rights take place because one group of people feels superior to another. This often results in discrimination - the decision to exclude, restrict, marginalize or humiliate people because of their race, color, religious beliefs, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, or other characteristics. Such discrimination is a denial of human dignity and of equal rights for those who are discriminated against.

ranjeet

[url=http://www.drug-intervention.com/north-carolina-drug-intervention.html ] Drug Intervention North Carolina [/url]-Drug Intervention North Carolina
Posted by PRASAD, Monday, 19 January 2009 5:34:36 PM
Forgive me for not joining the "don't go, don't go..." brigade.

>>...I'm withdrawing for now... Enjoy a BD/POLYCARP free OLO for a season<<

It will be pleasant to be free - even if only for a while, as he has threatened - from the master of whack-a-mozzie.

Having deeply-felt opinions does not exempt anyone from employing at least a modicum of thought in the presentation and justification of those opinions.

And the argument "I'm right because my God says I'm right" gets extraordinarily wearing after a few years.

Have a good long rest, Boaz.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 19 January 2009 11:36:26 PM
Pericles,

I know Boaz posts a lot of religious stuff and debates the theology of Islam and Christianity... To me and you, meaningless most likely as we aren't religious.

What you seem to miss is his un-relgious stuff, logical reasons, thoughts experiences that also lead him to think as he does.
Posted by meredith, Tuesday, 20 January 2009 11:50:01 PM
D'you know, meredith, I really wish that were true.

>>What you seem to miss is his un-relgious stuff, logical reasons, thoughts experiences that also lead him to think as he does.<<

I cannot recall a single post that Boaz has written that does not:

i) directly target Muslims for abuse

ii) indirectly target Muslims for abuse

iii) directly incite others to target Muslims for abuse

iv) indirectly incite others to target Muslims for abuse

v) slant an otherwise unrelated topic towards a point where he can introduce i) - iv)

vi) initiate a topic that - while ostensibly entirely unrelated - is in fact specifically designed to lead towards i) - iv)

Ultimately, his answer to everything is Christianity. Which I have no problem with, at a personal level. I have been around long enough to know that religion is an important emotional crutch for many people.

But also, I have a number of Christians friends who live happy and fulfilled lives without feeling the need to constantly denigrate those who do not believe as they do. They represent my "control group", as it were. Unfortunately, Boaz has for some time represented to me all that is corrupting about a belief system that is impervious to both reason and compassion.

The only aspects of his posts that I shall miss, is his pathological ability to grasp, firmly and with unbridled enthusiasm, the wrong end of almost any stick that comes within his grasp. It has been a constant pleasure to point out these slip-ups to him, and then to watch his predictable series of reactions: first, denial; followed shortly by the introduction of a red herring; then a clumsy attempt to pretend he meant something else again; and when there remains no place to hide... silence.

But even the curtailment of this pleasure is supportable, given the opportunity for a Boaz-free forum.

It will be fun, though, to spot his return.

I wonder whether he will take up either of his existing noms-de-plume, or whether he will try to slip under the radar with a new disguise?
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 21 January 2009 8:11:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy