The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why did you choose your pseudonym?

Why did you choose your pseudonym?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
"Foxy," was a nickname given to me by
my father because I was born with
a mane of reddish-yellow hair.

So it's not because I'm clever, crafty
or cunning, my friend.
The name of the fox was assigned.
It's due to the colour of the mane
on my head,
And not the state of my mind.

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 10 August 2008 11:35:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Raised in a somewhat nomadic moderately left leaning family, in my teens I struck out and lived far from home on my own where the closest friends I had were all most definitely of the conservative, right leaning persuasion.

I found that neither side is any more right than the other, and in a world with exceedingly few constants, the only ones who you can generally call 'wrong' in an absolutist sense are the ones at the far ends of either spectrum - the kind of people who can't accept moderacy.
Seems to me that when you turn too far in either direction you're apt to go in circles, however if you want to get ahead... well, if you turn right then left you'll wind up travelling straight.
It held true then and does now, as far as I can tell.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Monday, 11 August 2008 1:57:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I chose mine to reflect my hope that I might provide some countervailing views to the toxic extremists that seem to fill the net like septicaemia fills a body if a wound is allowed to fester. The implied opposition to the "Septic Tanks" is a nice bonus.
Posted by Antiseptic, Monday, 11 August 2008 6:14:36 AM
Interesting thread Ludwig thanks.
I have not one percent of your understanding but have wandered into the bush on my own for a lifetime taking photos of native orchids.
My surname is Bell, even my sisters got Belly at school, also dinga or ding dong.
Way back on my first PC a 486 I used Belly.
Only once changed that to mainstream unionist.
I was wrong to use Belly, some real idiots found me.
But it is on my work shirts and while it is unwise to unmask it is done now.
New users please consider not letting the world know who you are.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 11 August 2008 6:57:34 AM
I chose mine pretty much at random.
Why have a pseudonym at all?

Well, because in the extraordinary culture of conformity in this lost outpost of a former British colony- - you find that you are embarrassing your family and friends if you talk, let alone write, anything about anything except sport.

To question the dominant culture's "expert" views on anything other than sport, is to be eccentric, mad, radical - etc.

More seriously, your job can be threatened, should you be seen as a "loose cannon".

It's probably bad enough in the hinterland, but it's bloody bad in Melbourne, where, (except for the Olumpics and grand slam tennis, (perhaps a little cricket), - you can talk only about FOOTBALL - and I mean, of course Australian Rules.

You know you're in Australia when the front page of a national daily newspapeer is headed with a story about a football player getting drunk and driving into a post. Now that's a safe topic to discuss without risking your job. But - you don't mention uranium.
Christina Macpherson www.antinuclear.net
Posted by ChristinaMac, Monday, 11 August 2008 10:10:36 AM
I used to be involved in network marketing under the name of FNC which stood for 'Family Network Creation' I had so much bad luck, that I needed EFT which stands for Emotional Freedom Technique which happened to be a free self applied system to get your life in order.(which happened just nicely) For those of you in a position to help themselves
and others should see: http://apply-eft.tk and click on 'home'
Posted by eftfnc, Monday, 11 August 2008 10:59:59 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy