The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Costello - good for Labor either way

Costello - good for Labor either way

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Belly ,you can measure Costello's potency by the vitriol Labor is heaping upon him.They even had to bring to out the failed,ageing Placebo Domdingo to rehash his tired old thallium jokes.

The Libs may not win the next one but Labor will lose a lot of seats.Already people who voted for them last time are regretting it.Labor has turned NSW into an over regulated,taxed to the eyeballs "nanny state" and Federally will do much worse with their carbon taxes,driving us all into poverty for the sake of ideology.

Come the next election the frustration and dissatisfaction in NSW will be a major factor since the State elections fall after the Federal ones and people will want to vent their frustrations.NSW Labor is now gone,no matter what they do.

Rudd has thought none of this through and is too busy at the moment polishing his international profile in China.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 9 August 2008 11:56:35 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay, you say Rudd hasn't thought this through... but really, how would you know?

Clearly, regardless of whether you agree or disagree with him, Rudd's an intelligent individual. It could be that they're goading the Liberals into putting Costello in charge, so he could fight the next election, inevitably lose, then be ousted as tends to happen to failed opposition leaders. It would prevent the risk of Costello emerging at a time when he actually might be able to tackle Rudd.

But if your hatred for Labor leads you into thinking they're fools just because you wish to, then you're being played for a fool yourself. They beat the Liberals didn't they?
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Saturday, 9 August 2008 5:18:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
(For the record, I don't actually think that's what's happening - my point is, we don't really know what's going on and I doubt the Labor party is really focusing on the opposition that much at all.)

Everybody tends to either overestimate the capabilities and schemes of politial parties and politicians, or give them no credit at all.
It always seems to be by a very side margin. Either they're evil geniuses or retarded.

Machiavellian schemes do happen in politics, but they're never as machiavellian as the schemes in the minds of the hyper-cynical conspiracy theorists who harbor extreme hatred for either major political party.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Saturday, 9 August 2008 5:31:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For those of you who'd like a
good laugh on this topic,
check out this website:

http://newmatilda.com/2008/07/31/never-can-say-goodbye
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 9 August 2008 7:52:47 PM
While I agree with TRTL arjay you seem unaware Rudd leads us federally not NSW.
Yes we are bound for the back bench's in NSW the ALP has left its rank and file out in the rain, Iemma and Costa, a few more will be infamous for years to come.
But Labor federally to find many seats gone to your mob?
Remember while Labor won many seats its majority is not that huge.
While fuel and food prices are of international concern a loss is unlikely.
If today was federal election day an increased majority would be a sure bet.
Testing the waters I advise you to watch the NSW local government elections next month.
Labor will do so bad mad Morris may step down.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 10 August 2008 10:24:39 AM
A pox be on them all.
I am the rightful Emperor I have the dream. :-)
Posted by examinator, Sunday, 10 August 2008 10:46:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy