The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Racist Stirring

Racist Stirring

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Cuphandle come on mate fair go.
ABC is my radio too but it seems to think it is duty bound to be inclusive, ok by me how did you find it wrong?
We are not at war with Muslims are we?
I find nothing wrong with the photo no need to get the gun out.
Anzac day is very special for me but nothing to offend here.
Now separately the ABC can at times be as lost as Wil Robinson and I turn it of as much as I listen when some loony Lefty's are on and that is just the announcers but you fight shadows here.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 27 April 2008 6:28:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The bigger issue is why the headline mentions "mums" when the tax cuts and childcare rebate scheme are putatively aimed at families. My own family unit has no "mum" in it, just a dad and two kids. Will I be worse off financially because of that? If so, why and if not, why specify "mums" in the story?
Posted by Antiseptic, Sunday, 27 April 2008 6:54:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cuphandle,
As soon as i read your post, I got ABC on line up and the picture then was of a man and womam sitting at a table and a young girl in the background. I saw nothing to indicate any religion but maybe the photo was changed.

I do not care who the people are, but I find it strange that the ABC could not find a picture that was abviously a working mum. There was nothing in the picture that indicated the woman was a working mum.
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 27 April 2008 11:42:35 AM
My God :-))

'which stir up the juices of youth to think and do things they shouldnt want to do'

What things? I'm intrigued!

'I am sure that there must be many photos of white caucasian families or Indigenous families available'

Huh?
Posted by Usual Suspect, Monday, 28 April 2008 11:03:02 AM
When did Muslims become a race?
Posted by Sancho, Monday, 28 April 2008 11:30:58 AM
The ABC has been into social engineering for decades.When was the last time they viewed some positive father figures? They are more likely to portray all males as gay or twits. By most peoples definition I am a racist and sexist. For that matter Jesus was also by most peoples definition. The sad part is that the accusers are totally blinded to their own bigoted opinions. Every Easter and Christmas you can count on the usual attacks on Christianity with rehashed feminist theologians coming up with some 'new' discovery that is suppose to discredit Christ. The minority friendly ABC is always happy to portray the two mums or Islam in a positive light while demonizing what is healthy and good.
Posted by runner, Monday, 28 April 2008 11:42:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy