The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Videos of Greek Muslim Convert

Videos of Greek Muslim Convert

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
This 28yr old Greek girl converted to Islam. There are three videos of her, one about War on Opression, an Anzac day message aand reasons why it should or shouldn't be celebrated, and another on a 'fatwa' in regards to three policians, Tony Blair, George W. Bush and John Howard. What are your views on these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7V--fRXo3Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HAXfZMSQd8&feature=user
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkaeoHFnMm8&feature=user
Posted by Bright1, Friday, 25 April 2008 10:56:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bright1
I can not understand you! Why did you write that a 28yr old Greek girl converted to Islam. Do not you know that this happened every day in various parts of the world? Do not you know that there are billions of Christians and some of them do strange things? Do not you know that the mental hospitals are full of people who say even more strange things. I heard for an Australian who not only converted to Islam but he was with the Taliban AlQuida.
Bright1
I am Greek too but I am atheist! It is seemed that you have a problem with Greeks, There is no other logical explanation for your text, as there are Christians from many countries who converted to Islam and not only a 28yr old Greek girl.
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Saturday, 26 April 2008 8:48:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well said, Antonios

I can only conclude that Bright1 is attempting to foment more hatred in an already appalling world situation.

I feel sorry for Bright1 and the young greek women who talks about oppression while hiding her face from the world.

We all need freedom FROM religion, not more hatred.
Posted by Fractelle, Saturday, 26 April 2008 10:27:55 AM
Bright1,

I would be more concerned with those who are brainwashed by human secularism. They are more likely to support murdering the unborn, promote perversion and be violent. At least we know the devil is Islam. Secular humanism is however dressed up as some sort of intellectual philosophy supposedly backed up by science. Thank God for the truth found only in Christ Jesus.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 26 April 2008 11:04:56 AM
ASymeonakis & Fractelle are a mite quick to judge & condemn.
Bright1 is “illogical”, “anti-Greek”, fomenting hatred…?

S/he might simply be canvassing people’s opinions re the contents of the links

Issues like these need to be raised and discussed in secular societies –God knows they can’t be discussed anywhere else!

There may well be many weird currents blowing from all sorts of directions – but you don’t need to be a weatherman to determine that some directions blow more gales than others.
Posted by Horus, Sunday, 27 April 2008 11:22:33 AM
A Symeonakis - “It is seemed that you have a problem with Greeks, There is no other logical explanation for your text” What the hell are you talking about? After reading many of your other posts and going to your website it is obvious that you have a chip on your shoulder the size of the Parthenon and you let everybody know with the stupid remarks you make like this one. From where I am standing whether the person was Greek, Swahili or an Eskimo is irrelevant to the overall post.

I only watched one of the video’s which was about ANZAC day and it was obvious that the video was of a narrow ignorant left wing perspective
Posted by EasyTimes, Sunday, 27 April 2008 11:38:52 AM
EasyTimes
There are many videos from Christians converted to Muslim, If Bright1 wrote for Christians who converted to Muslims, Bright1 had to write for all of them, there is huge information about it even in the same page with the Greek girl BUT Bright1 DID NOT. Why did Bright1 write ONLY about the Greek girl ?
EasyTimes You have high IQ but for some reason, you know better than me, your ideas are opposite from mine. Read your first text comments about me. Why? We can be opposite and respect each other or at least on the basics. I am very clear on my goals and reasons and of cause I write with my real name. I know that you are a brave man and I want from you to write with your real name. I like to know who are you. I FULLY RESPECT THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH. NEVER, NONE TO WORRY ABOUT IT FROM ME. Write free what you want to tell me But I like to know WHY?
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Sunday, 27 April 2008 7:24:54 PM
A Symeonakis,
I have absolutley no problem with any nationality at all whatsoever. This is something you have conjured up. My view is we are all the same colour on the inside. I simply came across these video's and thought I'd post them. My point of the post was that I was interested on people's views about what is said in the videos! Not the fact that the girl is Greek!
Fractelle, I respect the fact that you agree with Antonios at the same time we can agree to disagree in saying that "we all need freedom FROM religion, not more hatred". I don't believe in hatred, but I do respect if one decides to follow a religion OF ANY TYPE, whether its Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, Prespyterian, Anglican etc. And I also respect one if they choose not to believe.
Runner, I don't believe any religion is the devil, but you can that's ok.
Easytimes, thanks for your view
Posted by Bright1, Sunday, 27 April 2008 9:40:43 PM
Bright1

I appreciate your candide response to my post. I can understand where Antonios is coming from, for he has experienced a lot of racism first hand. There is no doubt that Australia has its share of racists.

What upset me about the videos, was that if you either had a dislike for Islam or were wavering, that the words this young woman (her face completely hidden) would increase that prejudice.

I don't see how this type of emphasis on all that is wrong about a religion helps an already fraught situation; the same applies to the Geert Wilders Fitna movie. We already know what the worst of Islamic fundamentalism entails.

What we need are solutions, discourse, communication. We need religious leaders from all creeds to meet. we also need our political leaders to stop grandstanding and start talking. We may have to invite people we are at complete ideological opposites with, but to continue as we have been thus far ('axis of evil', 'coalition of the willing', 'jihad') is achieving nothing but more of the same.
Posted by Fractelle, Monday, 28 April 2008 9:57:13 AM
runner,

Is it worse to 'promote perversion', or condone and cover up paedophilia as the hierachy in christian churches have done many times? I would think the inquisition was quite violent too.

Off topic to All,

It occurred to me the other day I never see any feminists who are upset about the constant portrayal of the devil as a man in religious circles.
Posted by Usual Suspect, Monday, 28 April 2008 11:53:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy