The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > World War III, anyone?

World War III, anyone?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
More sane than you guys who dont know Jesus and the endtimes almost upon you. Check out signs that we are in the endtimes...and get to know The Lord through prayer. Be a terrible shock for you youngsters when the crunch comes, if youre not ready.
Posted by Gibo, Sunday, 23 March 2008 6:05:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gibo you are delusional.Your concept of existence does not match that of the present day educated human being.We are not scared by threats of damnation or destruction.It matters not whether Jesus existed.It is all about the development of us as individuals.You cling to powerful imaginery beings like capitalists cling to money.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 23 March 2008 10:21:00 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ok, I'll bite.

>>The Bible says the test of a true prophet of God is if all of his prophecies come to pass with absolute accuracy.
Nostradamus seems to have floundered in this area as I recall.<<

Tell me, Gibo, which of Nostradamus' prophecies has failed to come true?

(You'll need to provide the original language, too, not just some fruitloop's idea of what he really meant.)

[Some time later] See? Can't be done. Nostradamus is therefore in conformance with the Biblical requirements of a prophet.

So, back to the original question: how can you tell a Biblical prophecy from a Nostradamus prophecy?
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 24 March 2008 2:30:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gibo's one of a number of posters who have a certain curse (or gift, depending on your view) for rebooting when presented with a glitch in reasoning.

It's quite a powerful way of dealing with contradictions to their view of the world.

I think people with the fringe views (and I mean, way, way out on the fringe) need to be able to do this when they inevitably malfunction during a rational discussion, or they wouldn't be able to hold onto those views.

Observe: at this point, he either vacates the premises, repeats what's already been said, tells us we should read the bible or some UFO nuttery that's already been discredited in other threads (provoking another one of these malfunctions) or will simply tell us he can't participate in this discussion or won't address it.

It's quite concerning really. I sometimes wonder what the source of this glitch is, and whether there's any cure. Until then, we can only point out the glaring gaps in logic and hope one takes hold.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Monday, 24 March 2008 2:58:36 PM
Geez, guys, is it Lets-all-gang-up-on-Gibo Day to-day?

At least the man doesn't bluster in to every thread, informing us that god is on his side and treating everyone as if they were all slightly retarded for not seeing life through his eyes. He seems sincere in his beliefs, and theres been no evidence so far that he believes that, come the judgement day, he'll be the one standing outside like a night club bouncer, deciding who get to go in and who isn't dressed for the occasion.

So the man believes in things not of this world? Hey, some people believe that Surf really does wash whiter, too.
Posted by Romany, Tuesday, 25 March 2008 7:09:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy