The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What about 4 posts a day as the limit?

What about 4 posts a day as the limit?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All
I'm really interested in feedback on the new system. Actually, from memory we also took feedback on the post limit stuff as well. Anyway, we've put it in place. It should be easier for some. But we are interested in how it affects everyone's experience of the site.

There is no magic formula, so please let me know what you think. It could be a display entry, or a data entry.

The forum only exists because of you, and we appreciate that, and while we take ultimate responsibility, I'm always keen for community feedback.
Posted by GrahamY, Thursday, 1 November 2007 9:39:27 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yabby
Its ok because I have stared a little file- Called "Yabbys Porkies."

I am keeping a copy of the name of the thread and then each page will have a direction- Yabbys Porkie page one-[reference to] page two etc.
Although its extra work it will be helpful in the long run I guess as I will eventually have a complete file.

Its already starting to read like that silly new web site the Industry put up.
Of course as you take a lot of info from it - then it would wouldnt it.
You may find this comment off post- However speaking of the new web site - called The truth about Live Exports " cough cough- I cant see where that was a smart move yabbs.

Here we are educating the public that the Government are in bed with the cruel Live Export Industry- And here they all are happily opening a web page together.
Everybody - The Government MLA Cattlemans Association and others.

I cant see how that does any BUT educate the public that we are RIGHT.
I mention this becuase you said it was your idea to the Industry and Government.
Keep up the good work please!

Just as well Graham didnt go for my idea of taking posts off people telling porky`s ah Yabb.

GY do we get extra posts for warning people and Landmark- We should.
Evil Bastards
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 3 November 2007 7:13:50 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Graham, it would be very nice if instead of opening to the first or last page, it jumped to the first *new* post (i.e. it would have to remember, per user, what the last time they opened each thread was).
Also, I don't like having "New Post" automatically open in a new window - by all means have two buttons "New Post" and "New Post in new Window", but as it is now there's no way of replying using the same window (previously I used to right-click and choose "open in new window" when that's what I wanted).
Posted by dnicholson, Saturday, 3 November 2007 7:33:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
dnicholson
Enough Already- Stop. Whats wrong with the way it is.? No more changes Please!
If you make too many changes you are going to put new posters off as the system looks more complictated.
And some old ones I might add. Part of the reason we even started on OLO was because it was unlike some- A straight forwad simple method.
The more simple the better for forums. Its ok for us old school ones but if its complicated to follow it will turn new posters away.
Just because its a political forum doesnt mean it has to be as complicated as the lot in Parliment.
Grass Roots- Simple works with the public.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 3 November 2007 9:08:29 AM
Well it's certainly not complicated as it is and a few more minor changes are not going to leave anyone lost. Opening on the first unread post makes a lot of sense to me.
Posted by Ditch, Saturday, 3 November 2007 10:47:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
dnicholson, thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure how easy it is to keep track of where users were when they were last on the site, so I'll have to check on that one.

On the opening a new window issue - we made a deliberate decision on that because we were getting user complaints about the problems with entering a post and being able to scroll back through the thread. Posters were losing their data, so we decided the best way to deal with it was to have the entry screen open in a new window.
Posted by GrahamY, Saturday, 3 November 2007 11:00:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy