The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Internet Jihadist Sites

Internet Jihadist Sites

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Fair enough Pericles - but what about those sites that are 'virtually' hosted? Obviously this topic demonstrates the limit of my tech-savvy, but my brother-in-law is far more up on these things than I am. He's a computer consultant and offers website hosting as part of his business - but as I understand it the actual computers that host the data for websites that he is 'hosting' are located in India, Malaysia etc. Most of these sites are located in the .com, .net, .org and .biz domains - partly, he says, because those domains aren't as regulated as in .au .

I don't know whether these 'Jihadist' sites are hosted by US ISPs or not, but it occurs to me that this kind of 'virtual' web hosting might provide one explanation for why so many of them are apparently 'American'.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 17 October 2007 7:03:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SOME of these site may not be as one expects.

I recall during the height of the communist threat that the US was financing communist papers. Those puchasing these papers, provided US security name of members who were on the communist underground.
Posted by Danielle, Friday, 26 October 2007 9:38:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi guys
Hey StG you know about Islamic sites, do you have any idea about the website of Sheikh Haron?
Hi BOAZ , what about you? Can anyone here tell me is this a Jihadist site or moderate one?

http://www.sheikhharon.com
Posted by Angela84, Sunday, 28 October 2007 10:06:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy